Anybody had an inguinal hernia?

ntw0rk said:
Yeah, I read that somewhere. I will eventually get mine fixed, too painful not to. Bob needs to get his repaired too!

Mine will just have to wait.
Mine will have to wait a bit too. Hell, probably won't even be able to get it fixed when I do get insurance, they generally don't cover pre-existing conditions. Like I said, I don't even notice it at all anymore, unless something hits it.

ntw0rk said:
Glad I could clear that up for ya! ;)

My wife is VERY concerned about this... I haven't seen her for almost 4 weeks!! :eek:

:D:D
I'm leaving my office, I'll pick this up home, but, the other concern will be a possible strangulation of the intestine. So be very careful now. Your guts are hanging out....

ntw0rk said:

My wife is VERY concerned about this... I haven't seen her for almost 4 weeks!! :eek:

You haven't seen her for 4 weeks and you have a problem like this ?
I would beg,borrow or steal to get it fixed if I were you and married to her.:D

Scotty can bear a little pain for the sake of love...hell he can probably take a lot of pain for love!

I went to the doctor a couple months ago because of stomach pain I have had for a while now. I thought it was an ulcer but it turned out to be two hernias. One is where the windpipe meets the stomach and the other is in my lower intestine. The upper one bothers me a bit sometimes. The doctor gave me some medication but said it would not cure me just help a little. He said to eat more often instead of just two big meals a day. Not to consume carbonated drinks, coffee, alcohol, chocolate, red meat blah, blah, blah. I stopped listening after the first two items, lol. He said every time the stomach expands and contracts it puts additional strain on the tear. If my pain was unbearable he recommended an operation to fix it.

ntw0rk said:

OK, OK, stud muffin, just tell her to be gentle.:p Your equipment should work fine. Just be careful!!

Last edited:
You must get in to see a Dr. ASAP!! The outpouching of the bowel can lead to a whole host of issues: gangrene, obstruction to the food passing thru the intestines, if it ruptures you can get an infection of your scrotum or abdominal cavity and worst case you can become septic which is a very serious and fatal problem if its not treated early. I know this stuff well as I am currently in med school and getting this small issue taken care of now will prevent MUCH bigger problems later on.
Oh yeah, the bulge can impinge on nearby structures in your scrotum (like blood vessels and the vas deferens, which carries your soldiers in ejaculation). Not trying to get on your case but I'm all about preventive medicine here.

The two main concerns with inguinal hernias are incarceration and strangulation. If the bowel becomes incarcerated you can have a bowel obstruction. If it becomes strangulated, blood flow will become restricted, and there will be necrosis (death) of that portion of the bowel. Both of these conditions are concerning, the later being an emergency. A hernia can certainly be painful, but if you are experiencing any nausea or vomiting, you should seek prompt medical attention.

Scott..I had one of the hernias you are talking about..Had it for awhile..It was a same day in and out surgery to correct...no big deal..just get it fixed..

I had a double fixed about 6 months ago, They were just above my navel. The intestine would push through the tear, And i had to massage it back in. The hole was about the size of a golf ball. Actually it was two holes, But they cut the bridge between them, Put some mesh in there and bam its all good.:rock:

JRSVIPR said:
I had a double fixed about 6 months ago, They were just above my navel. The intestine would push through the tear, And i had to massage it back in. The hole was about the size of a golf ball. Actually it was two holes, But they cut the bridge between them, Put some mesh in there and bam its all good.:rock:

Well, my experience is a little different....

I had what I thought was a pulled groin muscle....right in the crease of my right groin about dick high...... It would bother me after every round of golf... I thought it was related to the extension of my "follow through" of my golf swing...

I finally said 'screw it' and went to my doctor... he told me to pull down my pants... I told him "gladly" and that he was a damn fine looking young man.... (which he is) He returned to the room wearing fresh "Depends" and told me "never again" to spring those lines on him without a warning.....

It was indeed an ingiunal (or "sports") hernia.... I had no protrusion thru the ab wall.... They scheduled the hernia repair surgery, cut me open about 6 inches, sewed the abdominal hole closed from the inside, sewed the mesh (NOT KUGEL MESH) and closed the incision.... Recovery was nothing and I was playing golf in a week or so....

BUT, the adhesions can be a bit of a nuisance...... This is scar tissue that forms around the incision both inside and out... These little bits of dead skin take years to get out of your body.... in some cases the full seven years.... They pull and give little bites like you have a burr in your sock..... I still feel them and it's been over 5 years..... You get used to it, but still......

The area of the incision was quite numb from the nerves severed during the surgery... The feeling is just now starting to be completely restored....

Despite the side effects, you must have the surgery... Otherwise, your guts will start hanging out of the hole..... That's a big fkn no-no..... God made those parts to stay on the inside of your body... All kinds of septic shit can result, otherwise....

... Be a good boy....Have the fkn surgery..... You really have no choice.....

Tim

Last edited:
Thanks for the info everybody! (Tim, I tried to call you back and got voicemail)

I will be going to the doctor when I get to Mass if the pain persists. But, after a more thorough examination (ouch!) and a little work with Wikipedia and WebMD, I am not so sure that it is a hernia now. I know that sounds weird, but trust me, there is nothing from my belly protruding into places is doesn't belong.

Prof said:
Scotty can bear a little pain for the sake of love...hell he can probably take a lot of pain for love!
You got that EXACTLY right!!! :rock::rock::love::dancing::knuddel: Whatever it takes!!

ntw0rk said:
Thanks for the info everybody! (Tim, I tried to call you back and got voicemail)

I will be going to the doctor when I get to Mass if the pain persists. But, after a more thorough examination (ouch!) and a little work with Wikipedia and WebMD, I am not so sure that it is a hernia now. I know that sounds weird, but trust me, there is nothing from my belly protruding into places is doesn't belong.

You got that EXACTLY right!!! :rock::rock::love::dancing::knuddel: Whatever it takes!!
Its not a tumor!!!!! Get in the choppa now!!! you idiot!!!:D :D

ntw0rk said:

Sorry I missed you, Scott.....

Yes, get a professional medical diagnosis........

Self diagnosis is almost as dangerous as self surgery.....;)

D

Does it feel like somebody just kicked you in the balls or you have the "squirts" really bad?;)

I had this when I was 12-14 and the Doc said it was due to stress, they gave me Ibuprofen and told me no sports or activities. I didnt listen so it took forever....but I didn't have a third nut either. I would definately see a Doc just to rule everything else out Brother. Hope it gets well soon!:)

You may be conflicted over this but the state you are going to has a wonderful public medicine system. A Kennedy legacy that is very supportive of people that are short on funds.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back