Anybody in the Southern Jersey / PA / DE area that could help me?

Soapy00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my truck and would love to meet up to have someone else drive it and see if I'm just being paranoid. Maybe we could make a meet out of it...let me know, thanks!

I may be able to help you out depending on when you would want to meet.

I would be willing to help if needed. I'm located just outside Allentown Pa. About an hour North of Philadelphia. VPRPWRD is about an hour west of me on Rt 78. Can you elaborate on the problem? Depending what it is you might be doing more damage by driveing the truck.

It just doesn't feel right, jumping into first is not as easy as it used to be, could just be the horrible heat we have right now but I bring it to the catch point and ease into first and the engine lulls unless I give it a bit more gas to match, I don't get slippage with the 5th gear and 6th gear tests at 50mph, so I just want to make sure my clutch isn't going...this is my first stick shift so I don't have anything to compare it to and the Porsche dealer doesn't understand the truck and just says it's supposed to be rough.

It sounds like you need to bleed and flush the clutch fluid first and foremost. I had gear engagement issues when I bought my truck and I did this and the clutch has felt great since.

First thing. Has the clutch master/slave cylinder brake fluid ever been changed/serviced? Heat plays hell on it. If it's been longer than 2 years it's time.

i just gravity bleed my clutch when its time to flush

On the left side of the bell housing the bleeder will stick out of the slave cylinder. You will see a hose with silver heat insulation going to it. Up next to the brake mc is the clutch mc it has a yellow lid. Open it & remove all the old brake fluid you can. Fill with new dot4 fluid and put the gasket back under the cap. Push the clutch in a few times & hold it to the floor and then the second guy opens the bleeder. A shot of old fluid will come out each time. After three or four times refill The mc. You do not want to let it run dry. Keep doing it until you see new fluid coming out the bottom. After the last time top off the master cylinder & your good to go. Brake fluid will damage paint almost instantly!

We'll start with that & let us know how you make out. If you prefer to pay someone to do it for you make an appointment with VPRPWRD. The dealer he works for just fixed my trucks AC. They are more than reasonable with the cost. Being they are not in my area I waited while they worked on my truck.

Now the odd thing is that today, being 75 and no humidity, the truck runs excellent...why would the heat cause the truck to run horribly?

Dot3&4 brake fluid starts going bad from the moment you open the bottle. As it absorbs water from the air the boiling point is lowered. Heat makes the fluid boil causing bubbles in the system. Turn down the heat, turn down the boiling. No bubbles everything works

Air trapped in brake fluid lowers the boiling point of the fluid. That's what I meant to say

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back