Anybody know if the 06 key can be made for an 05?

greatone61

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I like the key from the 06 SRT-10's, I like the key with the remote as one unit. Could the 06 key be programmed and cut to work on an 05? Thanks!

greatone61 said:
Hey fellas,

I like the key from the 06 SRT-10's, I like the key with the remote as one unit. Could the 06 key be programmed and cut to work on an 05? Thanks!

That's prolly a dealership or lock smith question...

Great post dude. Our 04's came with 1990 technology with that huge fricken clicker!!! I was just talking about this same deal the other day. Maybe big dodge in alaska can help us out here?

So do the 06's come with a key that has the open close door button on the key? Thats a mod I want.

patrick

It would be cool if it would work. But then I couldn't use my Red Viper key...:burnout:

Stretch

amoparman said:
It would be cool if it would work. But then I couldn't use my Red Viper key...:burnout:

Stretch
Show off.I have the black one for $20.00.I `ll be damned if I was giving $75.00 for the red one you bastage.:)

ROKTMAN said:
Show off.I have the black one for $20.00.I `ll be damned if I was giving $75.00 for the red one you bastage.:)

There was a couple of them on ebay a couple of days ago for around 20. Just have to keep looking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...ewItemQQcategoryZ40016QQitemZ8069711827QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RED-...categoryZ40016QQihZ019QQitemZ8070103010QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-...categoryZ40016QQihZ019QQitemZ8070456354QQrdZ1

How's them apples?:rock:

Stretch

amoparman said:
ThankSS Stretch ,you da man.That is the same seller I got the black one from in the winter.Scored one for 19.95.:burnout:

mauiSRT/10 said:
Great post dude. Our 04's came with 1990 technology with that huge fricken clicker!!! I was just talking about this same deal the other day. Maybe big dodge in alaska can help us out here?

So do the 06's come with a key that has the open close door button on the key? Thats a mod I want.

patrick

I am hoping it will work, or if not, what can be done to make it work. I hate the clicker we have too!!!

greatone61 said:
Hey fellas,

What does the 06 key look like?

Kalani

i noticed your YF is 471/500 thats odd according to asc the RC were 1-201/500

hmmmmmm

no worries just odd

ROKTMAN said:
ThankSS Stretch ,you da man.That is the same seller I got the black one from in the winter.Scored one for 19.95.:burnout:

I should get a commission here for all the sales I'm generating...:D

You'll love the RED (Fastest Color deserves the fastest color key) Key!

Stretch

Yes, our 06 keys have a RF Coil and Chip inside them that work with the Sentry Gard Anti Theft system, basically if any of you have a proximity badge at work to open doors, these keys work verysimilar.

The steering column when the key is inserted emits a very small amount of RF Power, and when the key receives this power "it responds" when a code "to open the ignition circuit"

The "clicker" portion works separatley.

But both the "clicker" and RF system are built into the keys.. so my guess would be that these keys would not work with the 05's and earlier...

Here are some pics..

key-outside1.jpg

key-outide2.jpg

key-inside.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back