Anybody make a seat lowering kit ?

SSSSE YA

Reaction score
I did a search but came up empty. :dontknow: Any vendor make a seat lowering kit for our trucks? :hmmmm2: :wavey:
Thanks and merry X mas to All.

I think he meant a seat lowering kit, not a lowering kit for the truck/suspension :D

It would be tough to drop the seat, but you might want to PM boomer and ask him, as he might be able to fabricate some type of spacer/adapter to drop the seat down....how tall at you!!?!? lol

-Red

I was looking for one too. Boomer said he could do one, but of course a one-off would be pricey.

I'm only 6'1".

(what I really need is a telescoping steering column....or a 1" spacer somewhere behind the steering wheel. Driving feels like I'm reaching for a strippers thong.)

Since our trucks are built on a 2500 diesel chassis, you could check with the dealers and see if there is an optional telescoping steering column for the 2500 that would work in our truck. :idea: Or maybe the 1500 QC has an optional telescoping wheel :dontknow: :dontknow: That would be just about your best shot due to the airbags. Remember it deploys with an explosive charge probably best not to mess with it yourself unless you know what you're doing. I would like one that is bigger in diameter myself.

As far as the seats go one thing you might do is measure the distance between the seat and floor and section that amount from the seat mounting bracket. I looked and its possible but you would only gain an inch or so without modifying the floor pan.

Last edited:
includemeout said:
Since our trucks are built on a 2500 diesel chassis, you could check with the dealers and see if there is an optional telescoping steering column for the 2500 that would work in our truck. :idea: Or maybe the 1500 QC has an optional telescoping wheel :dontknow: :dontknow: That would be just about your best shot due to the airbags.
No telescoping steering columns in any Dodge trucks, at any option level.
Not one.
The closest model would be from a Magnum, and that's just plain not going to cut it.

includemeout said:
Remember it deploys with an explosive charge probably best not to mess with it yourself unless you know what you're doing. I would like one that is bigger in diameter myself.
NOT TOUCHING IT! NOT TOUCHING IT! LOL
There's a very good reason why they say "before working on the vehicle, disconnect the batt cable". :)

Kevan said:
There's a very good reason why they say "before working on the vehicle, disconnect the batt cable". :)

I thought thats so you dont have to hear the ...ding.. ding ..ding ..from the door being open :p :dontknow:

-Red

I just add a few phone books.

Bone said:
I just add a few phone books.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! - Never thought of that :rock: :rock: :D

i had no idea these were built on the 2500 box- thanks for the info

by the way- who makes the wheels for the truck ????

thanks

SSSSE YA said:
I did a search but came up empty. :dontknow: Any vendor make a seat lowering kit for our trucks? :hmmmm2: :wavey:
Thanks and merry X mas to All.

At the risk of sounding like and asshole, have you tried the hight adjust that's on the seat?

Texas Yellow Fever said:
At the risk of sounding like and asshole, have you tried the hight adjust that's on the seat?

Yes, It not that bad, but I am 6'7 and would like to sit a little lower if possible.

Marc T said:
And we were all thinking you couldn't reach the pedals!!:D :D
OK - I'm a short knocker at 5' 10" (average height for US males, of which I R 1) and I'd like to lower my seat too. I can reach the pedals, but they are powered all the way up - not the most comfortable position.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back