Anybody running the McGaughy's 1/2?

SergioL.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck came with this kit installed, I have read some bad reviews on it. In my opinion the truck rides great but, I was working on it today and I noticed that the front bump stops are riding on the control arms! How much lower would the truck go if I cut off the OE bump stop and installed a pair of those low profile Energy Suspension bump stops?

I have an 04 and it's fully stock and since I got it 5 yrs ago the bump stops have always touched the control arms. Never really questioned it since it rides fine and tires wear perfectly. 68k miles so far.

If I do that will it go down another.5" or will it bottom out on the new shorter bump stops? I'm assuming I will need an alignment? Will the stock Billsteins be ok?

If I do that will it go down another.5" or will it bottom out on the new shorter bump stops? I'm assuming I will need an alignment? Will the stock Billsteins be ok?

I would definitely go with the JTSV lowering kit, that's what I'm running on my 05 RC along with the bushing kit and I am extremely happy with it. You will need an alignment and yes it does work with the Bilstein shocks. Nice Mods BTW
003.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I think I'm going to cut the stock bump stops in half, see what happens and go from there.

I removed the front bump stops today. It took some imagination to cut them off with my 4" grinder. 3/8" tall Energy Suspension bump stops are on the way. In the rear I cut the stock bump stops down to 1" total height. The ride is improved and now I don't spin as much in first, maybe the rear can now squat instead of bottoming out. I thought the front might lower a litlle bit but, it didn't.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back