Anybody service gym equipment?

seth

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
I have a precor 544 that seems to be making a resistance rubbing sound when you raise the ramp elevation. Anybody around here fix these things?

seth said:
I have a precor 544 that seems to be making a resistance rubbing sound when you raise the ramp elevation. Anybody around here fix these things?
Where's your cat???

Try adjusting the belt tension at the back of the treadmill....the treadmill should have came with a special tool for this. If I am not mistaken I think they come with an Allen wrench!;)

But seriously, contact the place you bought it from or check your owners manual for a service number.
KRAZYSRT10 said:
Try adjusting the belt tension at the back of the treadmill....the treadmill should have came with a special took for this. If I am not mistaken I think they come with an Allen wrench!;)
You need to tighten both sides evenly. If you tighten one side more than the other it throws off the belt tracking. Don't over tighten because you can break things.

Last edited:
It is an elliptical and you can't adjust the belt tension. I bought it 6 years ago and just don't use it much. Haven't used it since we moved in 6 months ago and just tried it out.

No error codes. It does work, it is just making a grinding sound. I thought it was belt rub, but I am thinking bearings.

I bought it used from a local equipment dealer in dc. I am going to ring them tomorrow. I am almost certain it would be a bushing. What else in a friction motor with a fly wheel would cause a rubbing sound.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back