Anyone checked what they offer you on trade in?

04SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked what they offer on trade for our trucks? I found a viper near by for a good price and im interested! :rock:

Id just be happy with blue book value but with my experience with dealerships they would probably offer 10k or something

I bought a $64K SRT8 Jeep in 2009 and tried to trade it this year and they wanted to give me $30K for it. I cant imagine how disappointing a 04-06 SRT10's trade value would be.

Id just be happy with blue book value but with my experience with dealerships they would probably offer 10k or something

Does this tell you anything?I got this in the mail the other day.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 201
Sorry,Pic.was to small.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 279
they will give you the low trade in on black book which will be about 10k lower than your nada book value... dealers lose money when they sale new vehicles so they have to make it up with adding options, not giving you enough for trade ins..or just jacking the price on the new car so you owe more for it than its worth...i use to sale cars for a few dealers and they all train you to do this.and if the customer dont bite let them walk

Last edited:
I wouldw even bother..it would make me depressed for the short walk back to my truck ..but all smiles as i lite up the tires as i leave there parking lot. :burnout: :D

$19,500 at the dealer. $23,000 at Carmax. 2006 RC truck had 31,6XX, loaded w/o Uconnect/dimming mirror and side air bags. All stock, clean.

I wouldw even bother..it would make me depressed for the short walk back to my truck ..but all smiles as i lite up the tires as i leave there parking lot. :burnout: :D

i know what ya mean:mad::burnout::rock:

If your really serious about it use CarMax. They are much more friendly, and usually pretty fair. You can go online and their prices for their SRT's are not too low.

Why the hell do these trucks not hold more value? Granted it worked in my favor when I bought mine a cpl years ago (06 w/11k on it, booked for 31,200 and I only paid 24,500). Seeing as how there were less than 10,000 ever built and prob about 8,000 left after all the crashes... You would think that they would be worth well over book!

We paid $22,5k for our '05 QC w/ 50k miles last September. My time to find one was limited since the rental car only lasted a week. I don't know how long it sat on their lot but I know at one time they were asking $26k.

The used car salesman showed me a computer read out on what they were into their rides & what they were asking. The only reason I didn't question that was my Mom sent me identical sheets' laid out. I say sheets' cause they've sold 500 cars a month, yeah pretty big.

My Mom's been a comptroller for 35 years, last 15 for Mopar. I know the sheet was authentic.

Anyhoots....he asked me what I thought the dealership should make off the truck. I said a grand & we shook hands.

I know when trading in, they're gonna beat you up on value telling you it'll be a hard sell due to the gas prices but most likely double your trade value when it comes to selling.

Little hijack here. Now my '05 Magnum R/T...that thing has actually held it's value & if anything appreciated in value. I've redone the figures $$ over & over & still come up with the same value. :dontknow:

Why the hell do these trucks not hold more value? Granted it worked in my favor when I bought mine a cpl years ago (06 w/11k on it, booked for 31,200 and I only paid 24,500). Seeing as how there were less than 10,000 ever built and prob about 8,000 left after all the crashes... You would think that they would be worth well over book!

I think the gas prices has bottomed out their value. Imo, I don't think it'll get much lower than where they're at. :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back