Anyone Familiar with...

Riff62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every so often the makers of Red Bull have a contest where people design and build some wacky ass flying thing and fly it off a pier into the water..Its funny shit to watch, and there are some pretty creative ones too. Anyone ever been to one of these events?
This year it is in Baltimore, in October.
In 2003 we built a replica of a paper airplane for a guy who had his design accepted ,but had no clue how to build it. The plane was 34 ft long and 21 ft wide, made of aluminum square tubing, covered with shrink wrap. It was by far the biggest one there. It was perched on a replica of a hand that was mounted to a cart. When it came time to fly it ,a bolt broke while pushing it onto the launch ramp. as a result, the launch consisted of the plane being pushed off the end of the ramp. It went 15 ft..:mad:
Well a few nights ago, I was sitting at a resturaunt a freind of mine owns, and over a few too many beers, myself, my freind, and my boss decided to enter. :rock: :idea:
We are submitting a design this week and hopefully will be chosen. It is a pretty cool concept we have come up with, but I wont post it until we hear if we are chosen or not.

Anyway if you want to check it out, the paper airplane is in the archived pictures on the Red Bull site under the NY 2003 show. Also the info for this years contest is on there. Do a Google search for Flugtag. I will post a link, and let you know if we get in the contest or not..:D

I just realized this was posted in the wrong place..Soryy guys. Please move to Off Topic...
Thanks

A friend of mine is a Paramedic who pulls all the participants outta 'da water....

many 'o broken ribs.....design carefully.....:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back