ANYONE GOT BIKES?

Luke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as usual im at the gym n a couple of my older friends came up to me and told me i cannot sell my viper truck and reasons why. N i had already agreed not to sell it. Anyway. They told me with the money i had from selling my other truck to get a bike. Id have another toy and could ride that around on most nice days. Save on gas and have a change of pace with having fun! They all have suzuki hayabusas so naturally they pointed me into that which i always have loved those bikes. Anyway. I have very little riding experience. I have driven dirt bikes n other speed bikes before. But nothing in major traffic or something with the power this thing has. Anyone have any input. Should i even think about this. Should i not? Im looking for help from experienced riders that can be honest. Truthful and have a voice of reason.

Skip the Busa they are a dime a dozen.

And to much bike for a first bike.

But if u get a bike that is to much like the Busa. Immediately take a class or two driving school. And then take a track day where they teach riding and you'll be ok.

And on that note buy a Ducati something a lol different than the norm. I love my streetfighter s 2012.

i had a 06 busa and their is nothing like a big bore bike, but... def not for the inexperienced street rider. Ya gota figure your style and be comforatable in your own performance before trying to saddle up on a busa. Then again, only you can make the choice what you wana ride.... its all in the wrist.:cool:

It takes a lot of responsibility, a lay back mind and a fine and sensitive right wrist to ride a Busa or similar as a first bike and live a long life. (it has been done before)
My first bike was a Kawa ZX-11 Ninja. It took me about 10k miles and a lot of friend bikes laughed at me for being precautious before i could say i rode the instead of the rode me.

In the size of the Busa i would suggest a Kawa Ninja ZX14-R
2013 Ninja® ZXµ
or a BMW K1300S
BMW Motorrad USA

For me those combine the best of two worlds: Sporty and comfort.

Have you thought about a cruiser? I've rode bikes all my life and at 37 years old, I have no interest in sport bikes.

I have a RTS to go with my SRT, coincidence? I love it 3rd wheel and all! I do get a lot of "nice space ship", "Get a real bike", and so on, but usually the next thing out of their mouth is "hey can I ride it?". I like because you do not see many, like our trucks, and the ride is amazing!

T2eC16VHJHYE9nzpeCFBRZYktdzQ_4_zps7004b091.jpg

IMG_1221_zpsa3688abf.jpg

I swore when I was in my 20's I would always ride crotch-rockets.... well apparently I'm getting old faster than I had suspected. I still love them and I am currently bikeless but my next bike will be a HD Street Glide!

I've had 7-8 busas good bikes fast as hell.
One of my street bikes made 350 to the wheel and the big bike made almost 500 to the wheel.
Then I wrecked lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 while driving 100 mph on a dirt road

Why don't you start out with a 600 and start from there?? I've had ZX6r's and my last one was a ZX9R and they were excellent bikes, like guys are saying its all in the wrist, just cause it can go like a rocket doesn't mean you grab a full hand full of throttle every gear!!

Not at all in the same window of any of these bikes but I have a Honda CRF250L(dual sport) I ride it a couple hundred miles a week on road then get it muddy on the weekends. Cant beat over 80mpgs and still gets out of its own way

I run a track day organization here in Az, raced for many years even attempted AMA Pro for a couple. Currently teach road racing to up and comers. Do yourself a favor and get a smaller bike to begin with. Regardless, get yourself to MSF course(s) even if they barely touch the surface on riding. Attend a track school and get some miles under your belt before stepping up to a modern day sport bike....and no a Busa is not a sport bike lol. Personally, I'd be looking at a standard or better yet a 650 dual sport. They are cheap, fun and who cares if you drop it...yes, you will drop it!

Currently in my garage; Truimph 675 (track only), HD Road King, Aprilia SXV550 (baddest bike ever made), KLR650, 2nd KLR650, CRF450X, KX250, GSXR1000 and XR100.

I run a track day organization here in Az, raced for many years even attempted AMA Pro for a couple. Currently teach road racing to up and comers. Do yourself a favor and get a smaller bike to begin with. Regardless, get yourself to MSF course(s) even if they barely touch the surface on riding. Attend a track school and get some miles under your belt before stepping up to a modern day sport bike....and no a Busa is not a sport bike lol. Personally, I'd be looking at a standard or better yet a 650 dual sport. They are cheap, fun and who cares if you drop it...yes, you will drop it!

Currently in my garage; Truimph 675 (track only), HD Road King, Aprilia SXV550 (baddest bike ever made), KLR650, 2nd KLR650, CRF450X, KX250, GSXR1000 and XR100.

Dropped my CRF against the 10 then it hit the ground. Not a scratch on the bike but the fender on the truck got a nice dent(no paint scratch tho) If that was a sport bike I would have been buying lots of plastic just to get it back on the road.

I've had 3, a hd sportster 1200, buell 1125r(engine blew at 3200miles but tons of fun), and now a hd fatboy(which I hate and will be selling soon). For my next one I'm looking at something like the buell xb12x(kinds a dual purpose bike) and whatever I get will have bags and some sort of windshield/faring no matter how small. One thing I can say is I never really saved any money using a bike when you add up fuel, tires, payment(depending on the bije), insurance is high on a sport bike if you're under 25. But if you want to buy one just because you want a bike then go for it, just don't expect to save much if any money

Yes it might all be in the wrist, but a 600 or less is much more forgiving if you happen to twist hard than a Busa would be.

I have a Suzuki sv650s and that to me is a great bike to learn on. Still has a lot of power but very manageable. Hell, my wife has drove it a little at the high school parking lot.

First time I rode a crotch rocket was my buddy's 2004 CBR600 a couple of years ago. I wanted to get my feet wet riding one in anticipation of buying my cousin's bike (deal fell through) so he was like yeah man you can ride it around but if you break it you bought it, so I said deal. He brought it over to my parent's neighborhood, showed me the basics, and off I went. I rode it for over an hour no issues doing starts from a dead stop, making turns at stop signs and intersections, etc. I felt good so decided to bring it back to the house. Driveway was on a bit of a steep incline. With my inexperience, I gave it too much gas and shot up the driveway and almost into the garage door. I overcompensated and slammed on the brakes and didn't put both feet down, bike shifted sides on me and I dropped it. Barely got my other leg out of the way in time. Damage was minimal and he laughed at me. I only owed him a couple hundred bucks for a new fairing. But looking back, if that bike had been a Busa or something more powerful, I would have shot straight through that garage door and damage would have been more costly. That was my lesson learned.

Dropped my CRF against the 10 then it hit the ground. Not a scratch on the bike but the fender on the truck got a nice dent(no paint scratch tho) If that was a sport bike I would have been buying lots of plastic just to get it back on the road.

I dropped my BMW K1200LT into my trucks grill...grill didn't survive. Not a scratch on the bike. I picked up the bike for our planned multi trips and she surprised me with a trailer of which I was not to happy about....only fat GW riders pull trailers! Turns out I was flat wrong....We put 104K miles on that rig in under 3yrs...:rock:

K1200LTBushtec.jpg

I dropped my BMW K1200LT into my trucks grill...grill didn't survive. Not a scratch on the bike. I picked up the bike for our planned multi trips and she surprised me with a trailer of which I was not to happy about....only fat GW riders pull trailers! Turns out I was flat wrong....We put 104K miles on that rig in under 3yrs...:rock:

K1200LTBushtec.jpg

Thats aweseome. My CRF is my first bike since I was 12. The fuel I save from not driving either of my trucks far surpasses payment+insurance(23 bucks a month)+gas+tires once a year(160 bucks). Actually with the miles I have to drive it pays for iteself every 2 weeks. I would love the rig you have for some cruising one day. I love the BMWs!

This is my bike..put 10K miles on it but needs some work...oh you guys are talking about motorcycles..never mine then..;)

old%2520rusty%2520bike.jpg

Thats aweseome. My CRF is my first bike since I was 12. The fuel I save from not driving either of my trucks far surpasses payment+insurance(23 bucks a month)+gas+tires once a year(160 bucks). Actually with the miles I have to drive it pays for iteself every 2 weeks. I would love the rig you have for some cruising one day. I love the BMWs!

I've put over 100K miles on 6 different BMW's. After 2005 I can't say they are that much better than other manufacturers. BMWNA certainly thinks so and their customer service is next to nill/shit. I've stayed away since 08 from the brand. I'm considering going back with the K1300. The S1000 is certainly well worth price of admission.

Believe it or not my 2 Aprilia Futura's and Mille have been the most reliable fun bikes. WHile my Aprilia SXV550 is absolutely insane to ride the engine overhauls every 80hrs is a bit much...but worth it! :rock:

My SXV in a common pose lol
SXV2.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back