Anyone had to replace a steering wheel

I've never even seen my steering wheel:confused: it's had a cover on it since I bought the truck. I'll have to take a look.

Thanks so much

Django said:
Bro, I replaced the one in my Z.....

Well, actually I got it rewrapped... A beautiful leather baseball stitch.

The guy is Viet Namese and his name is Don (Dong). www.dallassteeringwheel.com

The local guys wanted $500 for a custom baseball stitched wheel. Don did mine for 160 bucks and gave me a $30 trade in (refund) when I sent him my old wheel.

His work is absolutely fantastic. A work of art. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Nice guy, too.... and fast.

Catch him on the net.....

D

Tim
I like the look of the work. I just found a job this morning after getting back to Florida so I need to focus on that right now, but I would like to talk to you about this further as soon as I get a chance.

No warranty left guys so thats out. Most important is I just got a job so I will get that going first
Thanks all

Congrats on the new job , James...Where are you going to be working James ---Golf course industry???? Or are you going to Home Depot:D ..

Golf course in Tampa. I am going to hate the ride until I can get moved out that way, not sure when that will happen

Easy peezy! I simply went to a "reputable" dealer and explained to them the situation and that many on this forum have gone through the same thing with Chrysler. To own a 50K (new) piece of Dodge history that is only 5 years old and the steering wheel sticks to your hands and all the "carbon fiber/snake skin" rubber shit is on my hands after every drive. Was recommended to Chrysler customer care? I think it was and they put in a warrantt claim and within a week I had one on my way outta warranty truck. Helps when all the techs and service managers come out to see it and just so happen they got one on trade while we were all out looking at mine. This 06 trade had 7K miles on it and the steering wheel was pristine. I said " this is what it used to look like"! Mine had none of the snakeskin/carbon fiber rubber crap left, only sticky black substance. Good luck and hope it works for ya. Let em change your oil or something nice to repay them, just observe while they do so.;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back