Anyone have a stock Camshaft???

robwclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a flat lobe on a cam that came out of a stock engine I am rebuilding. Does anyone have a stock cam laying around they could sell me reasonable. Its for a 2004 model. I think even a Viper car cam is the same. Anyone??? Thanks, Rob.

I think I do standby.

If I do, it only has a couple thousand miles on it. I replaced mine early on.

robwclark said:
Hey guys I have a flat lobe on a cam that came out of a stock engine I am rebuilding. Does anyone have a stock cam laying around they could sell me reasonable. Its for a 2004 model. I think even a Viper car cam is the same. Anyone??? Thanks, Rob.

Got lots of stock engine parts for sale from my 06.

Not sure if you can use 06 parts or not.:dontknow:

Will bump up my old thread so you can check it out.:)

Yes, I still have mine in the garage.

robwclark said:
These are Roller Lifter Camshafts, Kinda hard for a lobe to go Flat. Did you break a Lifter?

Clear your PMs if you want me to reply.

500H V10 said:
These are Roller Lifter Camshafts, Kinda hard for a lobe to go Flat. Did you break a Lifter?

Dude, it flattened off one side of one of the lobes. never seen that either. lifters looked fine

It's wrapped now. Just looking for some more cardboard to make it extra safe.

Mailed USPS priority today.

Just send 39 bucks for shipping and duct tape.

robwclark said:
Dude, it flattened off one side of one of the lobes. never seen that either. lifters looked fine

Ive been there and done this. You better double check your lifter from that hole, and better pull the pan and get rid of the filings from the cam. Also wouldnt hurt to flush the oil galleries while your at it. A cam lobe has alot of material that will still be in your engine. Pushrod and rocker should be checked too, they could be beaten up from the extra lash.

Let us know how the rebuild goes!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back