Anyone have any experience with spray wax...

Craig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If so what brand do you prefer??? My truck needs to be waxed and I just don't have the patience to go the long route with a paste wax or the like so I've noticed products like Meguires Qwik Wax and the like and wondered what kind've experiences you guys have had with these products?? TIA

ya some of them work great and there fast as hell :).. i use a custom boat wax that a buddie of mine makes works great , but ya not sure what other spray waxes are like...but shit you can wax your truck in 10 min vx 2 hrs... and its good .

I use Turtle Wax ICE. Great stuff; great shine; easy on/off with no hard rubbing; can use on door handles, wheels, everywhere but windows. Comes in liquid and has just been released as a paste wax also. I have used both the liquid and paste (no difference really...). After you wax, you can keep it looking good for weeks with the ICE detailer spray.

i use meguirs hard wax once a month and ice liquid clay bar to wash it --to get a good solid coat on then weekly use turtle wax spray or after a rain to give it a quickie shine---works good and is fast ---i just don't believe it stays on long---i plan on useing the turtle wax ice next time---i do have a black truck

Last edited:
Ive had great luck using Meguiars NXT Next Generation spray on wax. It leaves an incredible and protective shine and is really easy to take off without much effort. It doesnt stain the black trim either.

Craig, I use Quick Step. MOMS makes it. I use it on my truck and harleys.
Its some real good stuff just spray and wipe. If interesred call 1-800-586-2756 to order.

I use the Meguiars NXT. Works good if you have a good base shine. I normally use it after I wash the truck. It's quick and easy.

I thought I posted on this already.... :dontknow: :confused:

Anywho.... I have used several "Spray-Wax" formulas. Some are decent, some are bad. ........... But, I always ONLY use spray-wax on a vehicle to "touch-up" a good FULL wax. :)

I use a product called Pennicle Crystal Shine on the Vette and my bike between waxes. It will give you a little extra depth before going to a show, or GTG. But, it has to have a good shine on it already.

The Vette gets waxed every 2 mos., even tho it never get's driven and stays inside (under cover) in a temp. controlled garage. ..... But, I used the spray-wax after EVERY wash. It helps get the water-spots off, and adds a little extra "something". :)

devildog said:
I use Turtle Wax ICE. Great stuff; great shine; easy on/off with no hard rubbing; can use on door handles, wheels, everywhere but windows. Comes in liquid and has just been released as a paste wax also. I have used both the liquid and paste (no difference really...). After you wax, you can keep it looking good for weeks with the ICE detailer spray.

I second that.this chit works good!!!

We spoke about regular wax last time Jake.... :p :D
Black1 said:
I thought I posted on this already.... :dontknow: :confused:

Anywho.... I have used several "Spray-Wax" formulas. Some are decent, some are bad. ........... But, I always ONLY use spray-wax on a vehicle to "touch-up" a good FULL wax. :)

I use a product called Pennicle Crystal Shine on the Vette and my bike between waxes. It will give you a little extra depth before going to a show, or GTG. But, it has to have a good shine on it already.

The Vette gets waxed every 2 mos., even tho it never get's driven and stays inside (under cover) in a temp. controlled garage. ..... But, I used the spray-wax after EVERY wash. It helps get the water-spots off, and adds a little extra "something". :)

Your wax is only going to be as good as the surface applied. Spend the time washing with Dish soap and using a claybar to prep the paint and get rid of all the impurities. I use Griot's Garage spray on wax.

Bruce

Thanx guys I agree with everything suggested, what I didn't mention was the truck was claybarred and Zaino'd with 3-4 coats and about 12-14 hrs one day about 1.5 yrs ago I just don't have the patience to do it again so I was looking to throw a nice spray wax on to touch her up so to speak... :dontknow:

Craig said:
Thanx guys I agree with everything suggested, what I didn't mention was the truck was claybarred and Zaino'd with 3-4 coats and about 12-14 hrs one day about 1.5 yrs ago I just don't have the patience to do it again so I was looking to throw a nice spray wax on to touch her up so to speak... :dontknow:

I think your on the right track, then. :) :rock:

I just wax the Vette every month.... because I LIKE TO. :eek: ;)

Do keep in mind tho, that after about 20-30 washes, you will need to (at least) apply a "good" top-coat of real wax to keep the protection up. :) ;)

devildog said:

VAViperPower said:
Ive had great luck using Meguiars NXT Next Generation spray on wax. It leaves an incredible and protective shine and is really easy to take off without much effort. It doesnt stain the black trim either.

All of the above here:

After I prep a vehicle... I "lob" the NXT... before it is removed I apply the Ice to all plastic parts... let dry...I begin the removal of waxes (Microfiber towels only) ....starting with the plastic, and then the areas that the ICE and NXT touch. After this is completed the NXT is removed.

This is Mutt's truck... NXT (Liquid, Not spray) on the paint, and Ice on the plastic.

Before pic:

saywervisit0607020.jpg

After:
saywervisit0607025.jpg

saywervisit0607027.jpg

I have used :
Eagle One line, Mequiars line, Turtle Wax line, Zymol line, Mothers line, Blitz line, P21S line, One Grand line, Liquid Glass, Klaase, Groits line

The Good:
Eagle One liquid, Eagle One Nano Wax, Meguiars NXT / Meguiars Mirror Glaze Prof #20 / Meguiars High Tech Yellow Wax #6, Simoniz Power Head Liquid Diamond - I can only find on Simoniz.com ??. Groits Speed Shine and pretty much anything Groits

The Bad:
One Grand anything - this stuff blows

The Ugly
Turtle Wax Hard shell -- Tried this when I was 18 -- sucked then and probably still does :)

The fastest and easiest: Groits Speed Shine, Simoniz Power Head, Turtle Wax ICE - Since I do my rides most every weekend, needed or not, these are what I use the most.

i use both Mothers FX Spray Wax and Mother's Showtime "quick detailer". i buy Showtime by the case.

info here: http://www.mothers.com/products/

Meguiar's NXT and Quik Wax spray waxes are good too.

devildog said:

i agree. best stuff i've seen.:rock:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back