Anyone Here Dove Hunt

10banger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someplace warm....I'm talking about a little place
With opening day approaching here in TN, I was curious if any of yun's did any dove hunting? I will be at the TWRA field behind Poole's Knob in Lavergne, TN on Sept. 1 if any of you would like to join me. I'm so stoked about going. This is a family tradition for my brothers, dad, and I. We make sure to get together on opening day every year and shoot some birds out of the sky! It's a blast and if any of you are avid hunters and have never been to a dove hunt, I suggest you give it a shot. It's a freakin' blast.:rock:

I also have a buddy who has a big dove hunt in Bellevue, TN every year, if anyone wants to attend that as well.

That is all, I will not take up any more of your time with my redneck lifestyle. ;):aetsch:

If I can juggle my schedule I might join ya....I havent been dove hunting in years....I used to go almost everyday the season was open years ago..

TNVIPER said:
If I can juggle my schedule I might join ya....I havent been dove hunting in years....I used to go almost everyday the season was open years ago..
My father got me into dove hunting at an early age and I look forward to it every year. My Grandfather, Dad, and my brothers and I have always went together opening day. My Grandfather's not in good enough help to join us but we'll be bringing him some dove to eat on. "It's a family tradition", Hank Williams Jr. I just hope it's not as hot as it has been here lately..... you can't be camo if you're neekid, because it's so damn hot!

Just let me know man, I've got a lot of spots here in Middle TN but not really sure of any beyond my stomping grounds. I guarantee you we can find a TWRA WMA field though.

i love dove hunting, just a long way to drive for birds.....lol

nothing better than getting drunk and blast feathers early in the morning ,,,mmm i can still taste the ice tea and vodka mix :elefant:

How can you shoot them and there be something left? Guess I need a smaller gun. :p

wesalbert said:
How can you shoot them and there be something left? Guess I need a smaller gun. :p
When you use a 12 ga. shotgun at 50-65 yards out..... they only get hit with a few pellets. That's with a 8 shot shell and a modified choke. Now, if you were to shoot them point blank..... the meat would be disintegrated. But those little bastards are grey dots moving through the sky and are damned near impossible to hit.;)

10banger said:
When you use a 12 ga. shotgun at 50-65 yards out..... they only get hit with a few pellets. That's with a 8 shot shell and a modified choke. Now, if you were to shoot them point blank..... the meat would be disintegrated. But those little bastards are grey dots moving through the sky and are damned near impossible to hit.;)
When you hit them 3 times before they make it to the ground they get filled with lead. :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back