anyone here have hids with hi/low's?

FerrariTruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just bought some today and wodering if anyone else has these? I will probably install in a bit and post pics later.

yeah i got them but the high/low doesnt really make a diffrence but they work great and i got them in the fogs to took about a half hour to do both not to bad if you need any help pm me

well i got around to doing them today but there not working. As soon as I turn them on they just flash. Both of my grounds are secure and power is coming straight from battery. the kit i have is weird though.

Only headlight connector is used, I guess thats what provides the on signal for the hid control unit to come on and wether hi or lows are being requested.

I have a feeling i'm goona have to integrate an extra relay like i've read in the past. On top of that fiqure out the lamp out issue. Anyone have some info to offer here?

btw If hooked directly to the battery via the socket that plugs into the headlight connector the hids turn on fine.

So something is up with lamp module trying to turn on the hid's

Is it the Xenon Kit..I would shoot Steve a PM..he know all about the truck and HID's..he even gives you all the parts free if you need anything additional.

You most likely need a relay since you are now "fooling" the electric system by running a low voltage light... for the lamp out try using a resistor and jump the wires...using the socket on the battery should not be a problem, so far all dodges i know needed a relay, my ford didn't need it for some reason????

RedSrt007 said:
Is it the Xenon Kit..I would shoot Steve a PM..he know all about the truck and HID's..he even gives you all the parts free if you need anything additional.

nah its not, wish it was though but I got this kit as a present from the gf.

Yeah imma try to pm steve, but i'm pretty sure i need to get some relays to get this thing to work. I used some wires and jumped it and the hi/low set up works great

kickinassrt-10 said:
You most likely need a relay since you are now "fooling" the electric system by running a low voltage light... for the lamp out try using a resistor and jump the wires...using the socket on the battery should not be a problem, so far all dodges i know needed a relay, my ford didn't need it for some reason????

thanks for the tip:)

I've been thinking about getting a set of HID's for my truck but I know absolutly nothing about wireing...

WizzySRT10 said:
I've been thinking about getting a set of HID's for my truck but I know absolutly nothing about wireing...

i would recommed them...man i rode in my friends srt and could not believe how well i could see. All this time straining to see when i shouldnt have too espcially cause my truck is most active at nite:D ;)

get the hid's from steve, they are alot easier to install. pretty much plug and play

Yeah I've heard good things about him. I was thinking the 2006 Halo/Hid's for my truck. I get flashed at night with mine on dim stock.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back