Anyone know about Minnesota speeding tickets?

Rambunctious

Reaction score
Question for anyone who is familiar with Minnesota...

Does anyone know how many MPH over you need to be before points are added to your license?

It's not nearly as interesting as it sounds ( unfortunately )

Bro in college just got nabbed, written for 12 over in a 30 MPH zone - I had hoped someone here might know what the MN cut-off is for points/insurance increases.

For those who thought this was one of those "150MPH in a 10" stories, I apologize. Of course, this would never happen to me since I always observe all posted limits. I only bought these toys for the wings. ;)

Rambunctious said:
It's not nearly as interesting as it sounds ( unfortunately )

Bro in college just got nabbed, written for 12 over in a 30 MPH zone - I had hoped someone here might know what the MN cut-off is for points/insurance increases.

For those who thought this was one of those "150MPH in a 10" stories, I apologize. Of course, this would never happen to me since I always observe all posted limits. I only bought these toys for the wings. ;)

I can't help you. But with that low of ticket I would see about getting the speed calibrated. Even 2 MPH will help him out. Also if he is worried about points then it might be worth it to get a lawyer. Some states let you take drving clases (some online) and that will stop any points from going on the license. Check this out. http://www.dmv.org/mn-minnesota/traffic-schools.php

FlyingLow said:
I can't help you. But with that low of ticket I would see about getting the speed calibrated. Even 2 MPH will help him out. Also if he is worried about points then it might be worth it to get a lawyer. Some states let you take drving clases (some online) and that will stop any points from going on the license. Check this out. http://www.dmv.org/mn-minnesota/traffic-schools.php

I didn't know about this site. Thanks for the help.

Rambunctious said:
I didn't know about this site. Thanks for the help.

There are other sites out there. Do a google search for it. Also check the actual state DMV web page as they usually list which companies you can use. Good Luck!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back