Anyone put in a bigger tank?

bossharp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know they make large replacement gas tanks,Has anyone did this mod? I go about 300 to 350 miles with a full tank and if I'm running hard and/or fast, less.It would be nice to go a little farther!

It's already like 26 gallons:dontknow: I think. Pretty sure nobody has inatalled a larger one.

Tony, got any more info on them? I know there were some RC guys putting the QC tanks in.

one....
That was quick

Dodge Mega Cab, Short Bed:
52 Gallon extra heavy duty cross-linked polyethylene fuel tank. Tank comes complete with powder-coated steel mounting strap set, extruded rubber mounting bushings, vent hose, rollover safety vent valve, seals and required clamps. Can be mounted in vehicles with both one-piece and two-piece drive lines with automatic transmissions. A "029901 - Dodge, Mega Cab Short Bed Tank Adaption Kit" or a "029903 - Dodge Mega Cab Short Bed Front 'S' Support" will need to be ordered with the tank from the options below.

For model years 2006-2010+. Order #7030206
F.O.B. Point of Origin...$1,065.00 Plus $239 Shipping++

yeah but sold a couple to hot shots, they tote sorta like truckers, so stopping sometimes isnt an option so this gives them twice the mileage of an oem tank before they have to refuel

for less I would consider it so I wouldn't have to stop 3 times to get to PCB.

TNVIPER said:
Dang...for $50 bucks I could just buy ten 5gal gas cans and carry them in the bed...:dontknow:

LOL or you could just pull the f**k over and get some gas:D

sold one to a hot shot down the road, he also had a 40 gal in the bed , so he had close to 90 useable gallons, needless to say , he rarely stopped to fill up

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
sold one to a hot shot down the road, he also had a 40 gal in the bed , so he had close to 90 useable gallons, needless to say , he rarely stopped to fill up

And hated it when he did. Down here when gas was expensive, I couldn't fill my stock tank up from empty because the gas stations shut off at like $70

wesalbert said:
And hated it when he did. Down here when gas was expensive, I couldn't fill my stock tank up from empty because the gas stations shut off at like $70
we had the same prob, at one time the diesal pumps shut off around $600 or so, that got me half a tank

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
we had the same prob, at one time the diesal pumps shut off around $600 or so, that got me half a tank

So it is now up to you Tony --to come up with either an add on hidden aux. tank or a bigger replacement tank ---What do you say???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back