Anyone run 20" wheels on their truck?

WA 2 FST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to exhaust all options to running a drag radial on the street as a full-time, daily tire. I run them on my other two hot-rods, and have no problems.

As we all know, there is no 22" DR out there.

Was wondering if a 20" wheel/tire combo would just look horrible on these trucks.

Nitto NT05R comes in a 315/35-20, which would be 3" shorter than the stock 305/40-22... so I'd probably swap some 4.10s in for the stock 4.56s.

I don't want a track tire... I want to be able to hook on the street. I'm thinking of a H/C combo or a Paxton blower setup, but traction even at my current power level can be iffy once the temps cool down.

Just thinking aloud. Don't shoot me. :p

the only truck i remember seeing with 20's was a black QC with green flames, he ran a nitto drag radial but i can remember what size. it looked like total dog crap:( the only way i would think it'd look "ok" is with tires close to the factory height.

found pics of the black QC, you cant miss it, has green ghost flames and a tilt hood.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f10/vtcoa-mak-haik-car-show-pix-41049/

tinygiants, dale, has 20's all the way around...

course, his rears are like 20x14;)

i still think the 20" tire is too small and looks bad.... but the way dale has his set up, it's fine... that black one is terrible...

i would just get the bfg gforce tires... they're the stickiest you can find in oem size...

If there was a 20" that stayed around 31" tall it would be great! I believe the factory tire size when they introduced the 20" wheel on Rams was a 275/55-20 made by Good Year. If there were a Drag Radial that size, it would rock with 20" wheels.

Tiny Giants is no 20" x 14",lol! More like 20" x 22". His shit is wide and tubbed and narrowed and 4 linked and.................................looks like the BOMB!:drool:

I had Goodyear tires on my regular Ram and had the factory 20in wheels. The tires were the factory Goodyears and were great tires. Easily lasted me 50k miles, never had traction issues except in winter when I lived in Kentucky and the roads froze over (but so did everyone else). I'm surprised no one runs the SRT-10 replica wheels that can be found on Ebay that are 20in....20" SRT10 Dodge Ram Dakota Durango Wheel Rim SRT10 | eBay

-Jason

20'' tires look pretty dang small on our truck, if you have it dropped it would make it look alittle better but there has been a few running them as DD street tires. I forget his name but there was a fella in Canada running 4 20'' spares during the winter. 20'' drag radials arent going to be nearly as good as a smaller tire as it doesnt have alot of sidewall to flew. better than a normal street tire no doubt but i would still swap to a conventional size drag radial at the track

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back