Anyone running 20" wheels ?

Reaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone is running 20" wheels ? Post up pictures please if you can

Theres a few running aftermarket chrome 20's. But Honestly, why the heck would you want to? the stock 22's are bad ass!!

Do a search on it, there was a thread years ago, we pretty much agreed 20's aren't worth it. They are still heavy, and the nitto drag radial dosent hook all that well. You're better off spending the money on a set of 22" BFG's or on 17" rims and m&H radials for the track

i have looked at 20's i think it was that run the 16/18 inch wide rear street tires from m/h after tubbing the bed. think thats what tiny giant ran also.

Are you saying the Nitto NT555R's & the NT555R11's Drag Radials don't hook? I was looking at 20's just because I had heard good things about these tires.

i was considering 20's for weight. Just figured it would be easy way to shed some weight and still look good. Hard part would be finding a set of wheels that will do our trucks justice. I love the stock wheels.

i was considering 20's for weight. Just figured it would be easy way to shed some weight and still look good. Hard part would be finding a set of wheels that will do our trucks justice. I love the stock wheels.

They do make 20" replicas of our wheels, still looks like shit IMO!

Has anyone ever tried the 20 in drag radials on these trucks?

Are you saying the Nitto NT555R's & the NT555R11's Drag Radials don't hook? I was looking at 20's just because I had heard good things about these tires.

Has anyone ever tried the 20 in drag radials on these trucks?

I have not tried them however and one I've seen at the track with them weren't very happy with them

I ran a 20' Nitto DR a few years ago and sold that crap. Didn't really hook, we decided it might be due to low profile and no sidewall flex. Waste of money going with 20" rims just for traction. Better off with a set of Nitto 420's and a traction bar setup.

Im gonna run 19s with the hoosier R6 .

ho_r6_ci2_l.jpg

Well I have the Nitto 420's I guess the next move will be the V1 Racing Traction Bars for the QC. Has there been a price placed on them yet & are they ready to be shipped??

I guess I don't mind having my 17" M&H on at the track (looks alone, they hook great). I was considering the Nitto 20" DR's on replicas so I can hook more on the street around town. Problem is their 315/35/20 is only 28.68" tall, if they made a 315/45/20 it would be 31.16" tall. That would be perfect for the street!

Im running the 20' srt replica wheels on mine. With a 305/50/20 420s. Rides good with the thicker tires. Im looking for a pair of nt05r 315/35/20 drag radials to see how it runs. Im curious.

I guess I don't mind having my 17" M&H on at the track (looks alone, they hook great). I was considering the Nitto 20" DR's on replicas so I can hook more on the street around town. Problem is their 315/35/20 is only 28.68" tall, if they made a 315/45/20 it would be 31.16" tall. That would be perfect for the street!

this is exactly what i was thinking

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back