Anyone running a 3" rear block in a RC?

dinode

Reaction score
Lowering block, that is. If you are, any problems?

Last edited:
I have a 2.5 and 2.75 I think. I know it's not 3" but it's close and no issues.

nycstev said:
With 3" block your driveshaft will probably bottom out
Thats what i discussed with him , i knew there were a few folks running them but couldnt remember who:dontknow:

bottoming out is my only worries:eek:

hell there are ppl running 6/8 drops on there rams with no worries of the drive shaft bottomin out you should be just fine with 3 in block :D

Back in the day I had a mini truck lowrider. When the trans finally went I took it into the shop. The guy said he needed a frame puller to get the driveshaft out. After that, I believe in shortening the driveshaft on a truck that has been really lowered. I'm almost thinking that at 3-4 inches, it is getting close. From what I remember it didn't cost that much to have done.

Ok more of my 2 cents.

with a three in block it puts the driveshaft less than a 1/4 inch from bottoming in the tranny, yess there are guys running 3 and 3.5 blocks, but how close are they inside the tranny?

I know on the ones I have done with three inch blocks you have to almost pry the driveshaft into place.

even FSTJACK had his springs dearched, and Justin had to pry the driveshaft into place, hence he is having the driveshaft shortened.

jsut because you get the driveshaft installed dont mean its ok;)

Like Walbert says, you may have to end up one day yanking the driveshaft out of the tranny.

not to say they want work, but I cant say they will, if so, and you destroy a tranny............then it would make me liable correct?:argh:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back