Anyone up on custom bikes, Hayabusas in particular?

Ram From Hell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had someone throw an offer my way in trade for my '36 Studebaker drag car project that I was optimistically looking to get 20k out of with all of the stuff I'm including.

1936 Studebaker Coup. Hot Rod or Drag, 8.5 For Sale

It's a 2004 turbo Hayabusa. Not interested in keeping it. I'm just not a bike guy. It might be a more attractive trade item than an unfinished project, though.

sale trade best offer? For Sale

The bike has spent its life as a custom show bike, with under 1k miles. The current owner has spent a fair amount of time making it into a fully functional and (relatively) safe street bike. It's reported to have a stage 1 turbo (as much turbo as a stock engine should see), with a ton of billet goodies and an air shifter, 240 rear tire, trick paint, etc.

I'd like to hear from people in the know as to what a reasonable value one might assign to it.

Thanks!

Would be very cautious with the bike. Probably worth about 5000.00 Very hard to get big money for now.

went to the lonestar bike rally with a few busas owners ,I can tell you this that the bikes before 2009 had a lot of overheating problems ,If you get caught in any traffic they will overheat and boil water out of radiator , I took a ride on 2010 one and it still ran a bit hot in traffic not too bad though ,,and the fact that the market is flooded with them ,unless it is one biothcing deal i would stay away if your looking to just flip it .Just my 2 cents that is only worth 1.5 cents in this Oblama economy ;)

I will say this ,they are one fast mother humper of a bike but are getting hard to sell because there are so many out there for sale .And are not really that great for just going on a ride to work everyday, its a lot to handle for the everyday driver ,,I pegged the one i drove at 145 in a split second ,faster than i can fart .;)

Thanks for the input.

I was kind of seeing that myself, if eBay was any indication.

IMO, eBay is how I determine fair market value of something. It's what they are selling for right now.

IMO, eBay is how I determine fair market value of something. It's what they are selling for right now.

That's what I do also.

Sometimes people wants crazy money way over bluebook value. But most time it's a good startingpoint.

I had someone throw an offer my way in trade for my '36 Studebaker drag car project that I was optimistically looking to get 20k out of with all of the stuff I'm including.

1936 Studebaker Coup. Hot Rod or Drag, 8.5 For Sale

It's a 2004 turbo Hayabusa. Not interested in keeping it. I'm just not a bike guy. It might be a more attractive trade item than an unfinished project, though.

sale trade best offer? For Sale

The bike has spent its life as a custom show bike, with under 1k miles. The current owner has spent a fair amount of time making it into a fully functional and (relatively) safe street bike. It's reported to have a stage 1 turbo (as much turbo as a stock engine should see), with a ton of billet goodies and an air shifter, 240 rear tire, trick paint, etc.

I'd like to hear from people in the know as to what a reasonable value one might assign to it.

Thanks!

Thats a clean busa. it's worth more than 5K i'll tell you that right now.

They might be dime a dozen,but they still sell and people still want them. Right now is just a bad time to try and sell a street bike cause it's winter time and everyone gets lowballed during non riding time.

My friend sold his busa right at spring time and got 8K for it with 15000 miles, all stock besides Pipes and tune.

But thats a special bike which you have to find a special owner to buy it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back