anyone using hood pins?

I think the problem with functional hood pins lies with the mounting location. To mount the hood pin to the radiator support brace would put the pin back from the front of the hood nearly a foot. That would look rediculous.

Not to mention it would be an uncomfortable explaination how you popped your hood for someone without pulling the pins.

JeffBoyette said:
I think the problem with functional hood pins lies with the mounting location. To mount the hood pin to the radiator support brace would put the pin back from the front of the hood nearly a foot. That would look rediculous.

Not to mention it would be an uncomfortable explaination how you popped your hood for someone without pulling the pins.

thats what i saw too when i put the fakers on the silver truck.

i have wondered about this too i have the real hood pins t o di it but they will rust not long after they are put on because the chrome will rub off after a while but here is a photo the photo shopped on my truck and the real thing on my buddys truck(they are funtional

Attachments

• hood pins.jpg
    hood pins.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,332
  • paint2.JPG
    paint2.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,248
i have a few more photos on my home computer i will post em up 2 moro :)

Here's a picture of a truck with pins I got in Macon. I think it was Eddie's truck but I don't know if they're real or fake.

Attachments

• Eddie1.jpg
    Eddie1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 326
I would say you should get them for a carbon fiber hood cuz I know 2 friends who's hoods flew up on the freeway and messed up there windshield and roof

ramviper10 said:
I would say you should get them for a carbon fiber hood cuz I know 2 friends who's hoods flew up on the freeway and messed up there windshield and roof

wel i noticed when i got my a semi truck the hood likes to rid up about an inch or so i guess me cutting the grill tabs out let alot more air in :dontknow:

here are some under hood pics

Attachments

• album_pic.jpg
    album_pic.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 161
  • hemi hood.bmp
    957.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Hood pins2_pic.jpg
    Hood pins2_pic.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 437
I've been eyeing up these Black ones !!! I think they'd look awesome,who cares what everyone else thinks,do it for you !!!

http://www.hoodpins.com/

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back