Anyone with pics of factory wheels chromed on a truck??

Thanx Bob, I'd appreciate the help.. I'm anxious to see em on the truck. Did you chrome your OEM's or go wioth a chrome replica?? Silver the only pics I found from Steve Austin are just of the rims not mounted on the truck :dontknow:
OCBob said:
I have some pics, I'll have to do some looking later if you don't find any before then.

I have pics of chrome wheels on my silver RC, But do not know how to post pics.:dontknow:

J.R.

Craig said:
C'mon guys help me out!! :dontknow:

I just bought a set from Steve Austin and just put them on the truck. I had the insides powder coated black and to quote the guy at my tire store "them's sexy". I'll shoot some pics tomorrow and post them up. Also had my calipers powder coated and they look kick ass. Can't wait to install them along with my EBC green's.

Jeff

Thanx bro can't wait to see it!! :rock:
YellowFever said:
I just bought a set from Steve Austin and just put them on the truck. I had the insides powder coated black and to quote the guy at my tire store "them's sexy". I'll shoot some pics tomorrow and post them up. Also had my calipers powder coated and they look kick ass. Can't wait to install them along with my EBC green's.

Jeff

Craig said:
TIA :rock:

Craig, we're thinking the same thing. I'm looking for a reputable chroming shop locally to have my stock wheels chromed. Just don't like the idea of going cast since Dodge provided us with forged.

Yeah mang i'm tryin to decide if I wanna change up or not... you ever find out who the manufacturer was that Discount Tire carried?? Anyone fill you in on weight difference between cast and forged?? :dontknow:
outnumbered said:
Craig, we're thinking the same thing. I'm looking for a reputable chroming shop locally to have my stock wheels chromed. Just don't like the idea of going cast since Dodge provided us with forged.

Craig said:
Thanx Bob, I'd appreciate the help.. I'm anxious to see em on the truck. Did you chrome your OEM's or go wioth a chrome replica?? Silver the only pics I found from Steve Austin are just of the rims not mounted on the truck :dontknow:
Here you go Craig. This is about the only pic I could find at the moment. The truck doesn't have the chrome rims anymore, I hooked somebody up with them. These were OEM wheels that the dealer chromed for me when I bought the truck. I think they charged me $700.

PICT0031.jpg

Thanx guys for the pics and suggestions on where to get em...so opinions are needed do I stay with the black wheels or go back to the OEM polished or with a chrome replica???? :dontknow:

Craig said:
Yeah mang i'm tryin to decide if I wanna change up or not... you ever find out who the manufacturer was that Discount Tire carried?? Anyone fill you in on weight difference between cast and forged?? :dontknow:

Once I found out that all replicas are cast, I never asked. Someone posted a good article on cast vs. forged, and I have durability concerns with the cast.

Yeah Ron but as I recall Steve posted that the Verde's were forged replica's??
outnumbered said:
Once I found out that all replicas are cast, I never asked. Someone posted a good article on cast vs. forged, and I have durability concerns with the cast.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back