Apple I-Pad

eddie102870

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with one of these, thinking about getting the kids these for christmas. thoughts pro's, con's is it a waste of money?:dontknow:

viperhauler said:
just like an iphone...but bigger...and you can't use it as a phone;)

they are fun, tho;)
was gonns let the kids use them as a computer, hell all they look at is facebook anyway. my boy is going off to college next year so i thought it would be good for that

well....for word, pp, excel...i don't know if it would be as good as a laptop for college...great notepad, etc....

for the kids to just goof off on facebook, myspace...it's cooler than a computer...but netbooks are pretty cheap...compared to a wifi ipad...

viperhauler said:
well....for word, pp, excel...i don't know if it would be as good as a laptop for college...great notepad, etc....

for the kids to just goof off on facebook, myspace...it's cooler than a computer...but netbooks are pretty cheap...compared to a wifi ipad...
just kicking it around, might be better to get the 11 yr old one for facebook and the one going to college a laptop. at least it will keep them off on mine...lol

eddie102870 said:
just kicking it around, might be better to get the 11 yr old one for facebook and the one going to college a laptop. at least it will keep them off on mine...lol

Go to the Apple Store and play around with one.... have one of the cute little hunnies there show you what it can do. ;) :D

Just get one :D
What are you really looking to do with it?
Browse the web while sitting on the couch, if yes, then get one.
Play games, then yes get one.
If your looking to do any real "work", get a laptop

I agree. I have one and they are great as a reader, surfing the web and email. For real computing, you can get dockable keyboard.

I love mine and also have a kindle as well. For reading on the go, kindle is better, can be used in direct sunlight and lighter. Cheaper too. Free 3g kindle is 189. Aside from a reader, they are apple ;) and oranges...

thanks guys, wife has a kindle, just looking for something for the kids the 11 yr old basically will surf the web(facebook) the 19 yr old will need a laptop im thinking. dont think the ipad will work for him in college. hell he was his workstation hooked up to the TV right now and all his music programs running on it. he produces his music through it. has his keyboard, mike guitar all hooked up to it

Lol. I just went threw this same thing with my wife. I bought her a toshiba T215D-S1140Rd for school. Turns out she wanted an iPad instead. We just got it 2 days ago and we can't stop playing with it. She studying tone a nurse and she can put her 5 gigantic text books right on it. It's pretty cool. So now I'm stuck with a extra netbook if Anyones interested.

eddie102870 said:
thanks guys, wife has a kindle, just looking for something for the kids the 11 yr old basically will surf the web(facebook) the 19 yr old will need a laptop im thinking. dont think the ipad will work for him in college. hell he was his workstation hooked up to the TV right now and all his music programs running on it. he produces his music through it. has his keyboard, mike guitar all hooked up to it

Yep, they make some bad ass TVs that are "monitors" now... almost any LCD/LED TV can do that. My eyesight is getting bad.... I might use my 42" plasma as a work monitor. It would certainly make "Friday A$$" and "Mammary Monday" WAY BETTER! :D :rock: :p

I've had mine for four months and I love it. Great for reading anything and chillin on vtcoa.com all day. The battery last forever too.
Sent from iPad.

Using mine right now. The best for goofing off. Spools up instantly, jump on the web in 30 seconds

sstdusty said:
Using mine right now. The best for goofing off. Spools up instantly, jump on the web in 30 seconds
+1
Sent from iPad

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back