Approaching 50K miles,,, what to expect for maintainance?

portlandsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the usual fluid replacements & spark plugs throughout the truck,,, is there anything else that I should be looking for? I try to put some belt dressing on my belts every few thousand miles to keep them lubricated and like new. Anything I should prepare for or inspect???

When I was at 50K...a while ago ;) I needed rotors as they were at the wear limits. While doing the brake job I also went through the calipers. Pistons were a mess..all good now. Often forgotten maintenance items:

Pwr steering fluid
Brake fluid
Radiator fluid
Door, hood and tailgate pivot lubrication
Door and ignition lock lubrication
Fuel filter

I just passed 50k and have had to do some things the previous owner didn't take care off

Plugs & Wires
Brake Pads/Turned rotors
Power steering pump

I guess ride it out from there...

Chuck B said:
When I was at 50K...a while ago ;) I needed rotors as they were at the wear limits. While doing the brake job I also went through the calipers. Pistons were a mess..all good now. Often forgotten maintenance items:

Pwr steering fluid
Brake fluid
Radiator fluid
Door, hood and tailgate pivot lubrication
Door and ignition lock lubrication
Fuel filter

Cool.... All of those things have been done recently (including brake pistons) with the exception of the fuel filter. Should probably get that done.

4to10cyl said:
I just passed 50k and have had to do some things the previous owner didn't take care off

Plugs & Wires
Brake Pads/Turned rotors
Power steering pump

I guess ride it out from there...

All of those have been done recently too. Thanks!

portlandsrt said:
So I guess the next question is,,, at what point do you replace the pump?
Bro, we only replace em when when they go out, unless we have an anal customer that just wants to spend some money.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back