Are people selling there trucks more than normal

Just like Motel 6 - I'll keep the light on for you

EMT/SRT said:
I hope to own mine for a long time. It's still worth a lot to me. I think Django was quoted saying "would the last one to lose their truck, turn off the lights?"
I'll turn em out!

I bought mine as a retirement present for myself when I left the military after 30+ years. It means a lot to me and I plan to put a Viper in the garage with it once my 2004 SRT-10 is paid for. Things change but I don't see any reason to sell such an awesome, fun, and unique truck. I'll keep the lights on.

Mark

A year ago at this time, Autotrader had 606.....today, 358.....granted, that is just autotrader, but I'd say the number is less.....granted, there are a number of arguments either way around those figures, but they are a great truck....

I'm in the process of pulling all my parts off and turning the truck back to stock. I'm trading it in on a new Colorado. I love the truck but can't justify the cost of having it when I have other uses for the money. I have too many toys as it is so something has to get cut and in this case I gotta cut what is costing me the most. I'm sad but at the same time happy with the extra $$$ I'll have from not doing $100.00 oil changes and gas fill ups. I did the math and found the truck costs me $11K a year to keep, operate, and maintain for the next 4 years. My line of work also won't allow me to drive it to work otherwise it will get torn up and really won't be worth anything after its broken into and beat up from the parking lot abuse it would take if I did drive it to work. The 10 is defiantly the right truck I just don't think its the right time for me to own it. So look for all my goodies to be up for sale here shortly. Cheers!

TNVIPER said:
I dont think there is any panic selling going on....the SRT10 is almost 5 yrs old now....people are just moving on to something new as they always have...its not like every truck sold is being crushed..every truck sold just means a new owner and a possible new member here....BTW....my truck is for sale....a real bargain at $55K...;)
Great post! TNVIPER, that 55k pricetag may be a bargain one day. The SRT 10 market, to say the least, is in a state of flux. It is evolving as time goes by. (so is the entire automobile market). Try and imagine what the American roads will look like in say, 5 short years.... I LOVE my truck. The thrill of all that HP is still the reason I bought it. (for 43k). I'm sure DC would have liked to sell many more. Except, just like in nature, an unforseen, dramatic change in the environment caused an upheaval in the market place. This event inadvertently established a "low production" run, unique vehicle. That being said, anybody who has to use this truck everyday must deal with the cards that they were delt.....or get rid of it. In the long run, this 500 hp stock truck, will certainly be viewed, at the very least, as an "oddity", when we are all runniing around in hybrids, and 50cc scooter like vehicles. I guess sometime in the future, opening my garage and finding this relatively unmolested example of American HP, no excuse vehicle, will be like finding an entire skeleton of an extinct dinosaur. To some, probably quite valuable, to others, just a bunch of old bones. :)

joemags54 said:
Great post! TNVIPER, that 55k pricetag may be a bargain one day. The SRT 10 market, to say the least, is in a state of flux. It is evolving as time goes by. (so is the entire automobile market). Try and imagine what the American roads will look like in say, 5 short years.... I LOVE my truck. The thrill of all that HP is still the reason I bought it. (for 43k). I'm sure DC would have liked to sell many more. Except, just like in nature, an unforseen, dramatic change in the environment caused an upheaval in the market place. This event inadvertently established a "low production" run, unique vehicle. That being said, anybody who has to use this truck everyday must deal with the cards that they were delt.....or get rid of it. In the long run, this 500 hp stock truck, will certainly be viewed, at the very least, as an "oddity", when we are all runniing around in hybrids, and 50cc scooter like vehicles. I guess sometime in the future, opening my garage and finding this relatively unmolested example of American HP, no excuse vehicle, will be like finding an entire skeleton of an extinct dinosaur. To some, probably quite valuable, to others, just a bunch of old bones. :)

Well said, and that's was my intent when I bought it. I knew the moment I saw it on the Show room floor that this truck was going to a limited production, and will be going the way of the Daytona and Sunbird of the late 60's and 70's.

Can't touch an orginal one of those for under 250K or more!!!!!!! Of course it going to take a few decades for that to happen, but I be the only grandpa driving to the VFW in a true classic muscle truck.

iraqivet01 said:
Well said, and that's was my intent when I bought it. I knew the moment I saw it on the Show room floor that this truck was going to a limited production, and will be going the way of the Daytona and Sunbird of the late 60's and 70's.

Can't touch an orginal one of those for under 250K or more!!!!!!! Of course it going to take a few decades for that to happen, but I be the only grandpa driving to the VFW in a true classic muscle truck.
First off, thank you for protecting my Country and Freedom. As well, thank you for your compliment on my post. It's sometimes very difficult to convey a specific thought or idea clearly, in writing only. God Bless America.

joemags54 said:
First off, thank you for protecting my Country and Freedom. As well, thank you for your compliment on my post. It's sometimes very difficult to convey a specific thought or idea clearly, in writing only. God Bless America.

It been nothing but a pleasure. The military has given me, and other a great jump start out of High school. The leadership and organizational training, and thing your exposed to is totally priceless.

Where else are you given million(s) dollar equipment to use and maintain at the age of 18.:rock:

The people you work with, and the place you go are things I have done is mind boggling to say the least. I have grown mentally due to my experience in the military, and highly recommend anyone to join any of the services.

I have kids right out of high school coming in, and I see me 25 years ago when I first signed up. I always tell them when I give my "1SG welcoming brief", Thank for servicing, and expect to be challenged everyday.

I do admire the younger kids who join these days, and an thankful for the ones that will commit 6 - 8 years of their lives to serve and protect the country we all dearly love.

Lord know what I would be doing now if I hadn't made that choice back in spring of "82".

I don't get attached to vehicles and I sell as soon as they bore me. For some reason, I was bored of this truck sooner than usual. I was ready to sell it after only 6 months. As soon as I decide what to buy next, it's gone. It's not quite fast enough and the ride is too harsh considering it doesn't really handle all that well anyway.

Someday I will probably look back at this truck and think it was the one vehicle I should have kept because I do believe they will be worth big money in 30 years. So unique and such low production numbers, not to mention the massive HP and the fact that big HP vehicles are probably not going to be made much longer means this baby should be worth big bucks. Someday we will know. I think the Muscle car HP wars will end very soon like they did in the 70's due to high fuel costs.

Right now, anything that sucks gas is devalued big time in the real world market of used car sales. KBB and other used car valuators are estimating way too high on anythig that is a gas guzzler. On the flip side, economical used cars are selling higher than KBB. Any full size SUV in particular is hard to sell for much right now. I do high interest/poor credit auto loans and I regularly have to repo and sale vehicles and I am getting killed on SUV's and other gas guzzlers. If gas prices drop significantly, these trucks will sell for more than they are now. Cross your fingers and pray for lower gas prices!

ChrisAZ said:
I don't get attached to vehicles and I sell as soon as they bore me. For some reason, I was bored of this truck sooner than usual. I was ready to sell it after only 6 months. As soon as I decide what to buy next, it's gone. It's not quite fast enough and the ride is too harsh considering it doesn't really handle all that well anyway.

Someday I will probably look back at this truck and think it was the one vehicle I should have kept because I do believe they will be worth big money in 30 years. So unique and such low production numbers, not to mention the massive HP and the fact that big HP vehicles are probably not going to be made much longer means this baby should be worth big bucks. Someday we will know. I think the Muscle car HP wars will end very soon like they did in the 70's due to high fuel costs.

Right now, anything that sucks gas is devalued big time in the real world market of used car sales. KBB and other used car valuators are estimating way too high on anythig that is a gas guzzler. On the flip side, economical used cars are selling higher than KBB. Any full size SUV in particular is hard to sell for much right now. I do high interest/poor credit auto loans and I regularly have to repo and sale vehicles and I am getting killed on SUV's and other gas guzzlers. If gas prices drop significantly, these trucks will sell for more than they are now. Cross your fingers and pray for lower gas prices!

Same exact thing happened in the 70's. Big block muscle cars were practically being given away or junked due to gas and insurrance prices.

I heard stories of people picking up a big block 429 Mustangs for $150 dollars because they were traded in for a Pinto, and it was sitting in the back lot and nobody wanted it because of the Gas crisis.

if i was only born 10 years earlier....

Us old guys or Gal's who's kids have grown-up and left the nest, and have everything paid for can afford to sit and wait it out.

This is a high price toy, and can be a money pit. It no dishonor to do the right thing for your family or you financially.

I hear there's a light-turning-out party here.
I brought some beer....
:D
The truck is my daily driver and NOTHING I have ever owned (9 vehicles so far) has ever put a smile on my face like the truck has.
Unless a McLaren SLR magically appears in my driveway, I'll be driving the SRT-10 for many years to come.

Cablefed- I hear ya, but I'm not sure where you're getting $100 for an oil change. I just did one for under $50. Good luck with your sale. From reading your posts here, I know someone will score a helluva ride.

Iraqivet- Like others have said, thanks for your service and protecting me and my freedom. I appreciate it.
Not to sound disrespectful, but did you mean "Superbird"? The Sunbird is a Pontiac model. :)

oh god, not a Sunbird...
Ya SuperBird..,
thanks for correction.
I'll drop to do 20 now.

I'm glad I've got my 06 and I don't regret buying it for a second. The truck cost 35k with 2400 miles on it when I bought it. I also traded in a F-350 flatbed that was beat to death and I was upside-down on payments on, so I would up paying 42k for my truck. Still worth it to me. In 5 years it'll be paid off.

It was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to own the last of an awesome truck, so I took it. I wanted an L so bad when they came out, but I was a cheapass and I held out. Now TRY to find an unmolested, stock L. It's absolutely impossible. Besides, the SRT-10 is such a cooler truck. Even if stock-for-stock they're just about the same in terms of speed, who cares. The Ram is wider, looks better, and is more fun to drive with the 6 speed.

So yeah, I'm keeping mine.

PS I never looked at this truck as a daily driver anyway. The condition of the jobsites I travel to, and the roads I take to get there, would preclude that. I do, however, take it to the office from time to time. (under very strict traffic and weather conditions permitting:) ).

I am contemplating turning my truck in. I drive it daily, I enjoy it daily. I may just get a cheap beater and svae up for a year and try to get a RC. The truck just seems more fun with a 6 speed. In the mean time my Viper will have to fuel my speed addiction...I think it will do the job:D

I hope you guys aren't speculating. I Once had Neighbor who owned a 1995 S350 saleen FURD telling me the same thing that his furd is going to be worth 100,000 bucks down the line. But i Hope Also In 20 years I will be 47 and My srt 10 wil be worth 100K. I'm going to Garage it now!

joemags54 said:
PS I never looked at this truck as a daily driver anyway. The condition of the jobsites I travel to, and the roads I take to get there, would preclude that. I do, however, take it to the office from time to time. (under very strict traffic and weather conditions permitting:) ).

Those roads underneath the George Washington Bridge are rough, huh. :D

Annu Kumar said:
I hope you guys aren't speculating. I Once had Neighbor who owned a 1995 S350 saleen FURD telling me the same thing that his furd is going to be worth 100,000 bucks down the line. But i Hope Also In 20 years I will be 47 and My srt 10 wil be worth 100K. I'm going to Garage it now!

Difference is they still made a crap load of the Mustang, (different models, but a crap load) Dodge only made it for 3 years, and they no longer makes the SRT 10 pickup.
Limited numbers helps, and of course the "want factor" has to be there also.

It not the "Little Red Wagon" or "Warlock" truck with a small block, and a bunch of cosmetic crap on it.

Either way I'm keeping it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back