Art show voting

Hotrodmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok as some here know I also am an artist in glass media and the bad thing is most do not accept glass carving as artistic . I have a good friend that has been put on an online art show and if we can get enough votes ,it will help get some recognition on glass carving . So if anyone is bored they could just pop over and vote for Gary Williams during the next month ,Gary should win as he's even better than me :D :rock: . http://bestofartists.com/gpage7.html
The person currently in the lead make some down right Fugly work :dontknow: :D .
Thanks
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Thank Roy
I can vote multiple times a day <VBG> but I have a bunch of mail addy's on my server <G>
Thanks for the vote and the plug and I would not push this if I didnt think he deserves it and he is very helpfull in helping others develope this skill .
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Hotrodmike said:
Ok as some here know I also am an artist in glass media and the bad thing is most do not accept glass carving as artistic . I have a good friend that has been put on an online art show and if we can get enough votes ,it will help get some recognition on glass carving . So if anyone is bored they could just pop over and vote for Gary Williams during the next month ,Gary should win as he's even better than me :D :rock: . http://bestofartists.com/gpage7.html
The person currently in the lead make some down right Fugly work :dontknow: :D .
Thanks
Have A Kind Day
Mike
And this is what they said after I voted....

"Thank you for submitting your vote."

Done Deal,
Quick

Done.

I went there with an open mind to vote for the artist that I felt was the best, not necessarily the person you were supporting.

After reviewing all the works of art, Gary got my vote. It is nice work.

how's about getting him to carve a nice SRT10 with a neon backlight? Or maybe you could do that????

ntw0rk said:
Done it!

That is nice work!!

How can that not be considered Art?
My thought too but then I dont concieder myself to truely be an artist but people seem to dissagree with me :dontknow: .It's thought of more as a skill or craft than art . In the early 1900's there was lots of very intricate glass done in most all businesses some with gold or silver inlay ,glass chipping and basicly works of art but they were commercial advertising so an artist did not do them a sign maker did. It also could be most of the glass ppl I know do not have thier nose pointing to the sky so we aint real artist .
The real differance is MONEY ,,art is worth a lot crafts are not :(
Have A Kind Day
Mike

harrisb said:
how's about getting him to carve a nice SRT10 with a neon backlight? Or maybe you could do that????
:D :D I was not really ready for that question but I was working on it .The cars have been keeping me busy so I am limited on time to spend on glass but I had planned on making myself a couple things . One ,I am working on the artwork for doing a SRT10 dash plaque styled mirror that I was going to back blast and back paint leaving certain things still in mirror and the rest painted per differant colors . I will post it when I can get around to doing it and is limited to the 04's since it would have the xxx of xxxx and was thinking garage wall sized like 6x18 +-..
The second thing is I am getting into doing b&w photos etched in glass as I was hoping to build a office partition done in 8x10 panes each one with a etching of each car we build or have built . When I get satisfied with how my artwork is turning out I will post some stuff and if anyone is interested I could do a picture for them . Getting half-tone conversions down to what show up good blasted is what I am going through and learning new software always sucks LOL
Now bad news is I have not had real time to work on my deep carving skills and acctully was going to spend some time with Gary but dont seem to find the time and he is only a few hours away . Deep carving can get expensive I think Gary has maybe 20+ hrs (cant remeber)in that first piece and thats just in the cabinet without art work. Since it all gets blasted in a sequence by pulling resist at differant times
Edge lighting works best on blasted or carved glass . Better than back or front lighting
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Gary Wrote me and I thought I would pass it on and I also thank you from me .
Mike,

Thank you for going the extra mile for me. I really appreciate it very much. Plese thank the members of the VTCOA Forum for voting for me as well.

Gary...

Have A Kind Day
Mike

harrisb said:
hell yeah, that would be cool, great idea!!!:rock:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back