As a buyer how can I speed up a short sale

Demon 8

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys
I have an offer, full list price at that on the exact home I want. I am 2nd in line as the first offer is a low ball and FHA. The listing agent says they cant go up and thats why she wanted my offer. I am being told it will be a minimum of 3 months before I have any idea if I have a chance at getting this house. I will gladly post a link of the house if anyone cares but I am really hoping someone has some tips for buying a short sale before the thing rots to the ground.

Link

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-O-Woods-Dr_Wesley-Chapel_FL_33543_1117393440

Most anything that is a distressed property goes through a process like court n dealing with the bank which leads to the reason it takes up to 3 months.

I thought if I knew what bank was in control, I could call them direct, tell them I have a large amount down and I want the house....NO???

I have bought a couple of FL short sale properties and I can tell you first hand that you just have to wait. There is a process and they don't seem to be able to speed it up.

Nice looking place. You'll be in it before you know it. ;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
I have bought a couple of FL short sale properties and I can tell you first hand that you just have to wait. There is a process and they don't seem to be able to speed it up.

Nice looking place. You'll be in it before you know it. ;)

Thanks,
I hope you're right

nice house:rock: :rock: :rock:

need more garage photos:rock: or are ya plannin on buildin a big garage/shop out back:rock:

good luck on the purchase:rock: :rock: :rock:

Demon 8 said:
Guys
I have an offer, full list price at that on the exact home I want. I am 2nd in line as the first offer is a low ball and FHA. The listing agent says they cant go up and thats why she wanted my offer. I am being told it will be a minimum of 3 months before I have any idea if I have a chance at getting this house. I will gladly post a link of the house if anyone cares but I am really hoping someone has some tips for buying a short sale before the thing rots to the ground.

Link

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-O-Woods-Dr_Wesley-Chapel_FL_33543_1117393440
uh.........jsut move in and claim squaters rights:D

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
uh.........jsut move in and claim squaters rights:D

well since its been run up the flag pole, i would vote for that plan:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I dealt with acouple bank owns and short sales... It all depends on the bank certian ones are more ethical than others. Some are 1 month, some are up to 6... Most are around 3.

The time that the house sits waiting for your offer to clear is the worst time because there is no one really checking on the house.

Also what alot of banks and relators wont tell you is say if your bid is full asking that bank can reject it right up to the end.... even if someone comes in 5k more they can reject yours and take the higher

I got screwed by a few short saless before... the best bank ive dealt with before was wacovia 1 month sale time and after the offer is accepted no more bids are considered

Good luck its a nice looking house

I put a offer in on a short sale and it took over 6 months and i herd nothng and i offered asking price . My realtor told me it all depends on the bank and if the person knows how to handle short sales . I ended up pulling my offer and buying another house i was tired of waiting . And by the way this was alomost 2 years ago and the house is still up for sale .... I would keep looking and see what happens .

Before I bought my place, we looked at several short sales. My realator steered us clear of them. As others here have conveyed and as my realator advised, some banks can be a really big PITA when it comes to these. I aksed the question why -- isn't it in the bank's best interests to off load the properties as quickly as possible?

OCBob said:
Wow, nice house. And cheap too!
Thanks...we think so too.
I am going to wait and see. Right now I can live in my house and hope it happens sooner than later. My drive is over an hour to work and the gas in the 10 is killin me:D With my inheritance I suppose I am lucky that I dont NEED to have this happen soon, I just want it to

id just buy a lot and build what i wanted. construction guys are hungry right now. you can call toolbox 9.5 he will hook you up.

Back