ASVAB.....

After the ASVAB and they start talking to you about what job you want, Just rember....

"Pick your Rate, Chose your Fate".

Make sure you choose a job that you have a strong interest in or is your hobby.

The more you like your job the happier you will be.

Da1Chief said:
After the ASVAB and they start talking to you about what job you want, Just rember....

"Pick your Rate, Chose your Fate".

Make sure you choose a job that you have a strong interest in or is your hobby.

The more you like your job the happier you will be.

Yes, good advice. They told me I couldn't get the MOS I wanted. I got up and walked out of the office. Had to do that 3 times before they gave me what I wanted.

Do your research, talk to people who are already in, figure out what you want to do and stick with it:)

Good luck. When you start talking jobs use this guideline. Pick a job that has at least 1 of the below listed items. The more items the happier you will be.

1. A job that you love.
2. A job that promotes fast. Some promote faster due to manning.
3. A job that will get you a good job when you get out.
4. A job that pays more (bonus, flight pay, etc)
5. A job that you can only do in the military.

Don't feel rushed or pressured to select a job. A lot of jobs in the CG are the same as the Navy. PM me with questions or I can give you my phone number so you have a phone-a-friend option for when you decide on a rate.

Smoke

I work with a retired CG Master Chief. Shoot me a PM and I can get you his phone number. He can let you know more about the CG and what to expect. :)

Hit the book store and buy a study guide! (ARCO) used to have a good one, but that was a long time ago. Dont settle on a score you dont want. Good Luck! And keep us posted. I here the CG gets to bust the "cigerette" drug boats:rock: That would be a blast!!:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back