At which RPM are you hitting the spray?

SRT10VENOMOUS

1800HP Club. And climbing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what RPM range is safe to hit the spray ..how soon can i get into the spray? 2000, 2500, 3000?... if at WOT obvioulsy .. i need to get some rpm modules for my window switch just wanna get the correct ones i dont feel like buying they twice.. also anyone here using a MSD rpm window switch on there v-10 ? aparently they only work for 4/6/8 cyl in the manual but ive heard that they will work for the 10 you just have to set it to 4 cyl or something anyone have the corect info on that? let me kown thankx..biotches lol

to be really safe 3000-5800RPM is where I would set the window switch too. Don't spray below 3000.

RedSrt007 said:
What he said sounds right! VPR = nitrous hog!

what can I say, if nitrous could make me run the mile in under 4 minutes I'd inject nitrous in my butt:D

Kool .. thanx for the update.. by the way vprpwr the install is comming along sweet .. the equipment you have sent looks great and has worked 100% in my testing stages.. cant wait to get some actual nos in the bottles :)

No prob Ken....too bad I couldn't ship the bottle full. I had to waste about $50 bucks worth of nitrous to ship the bottle:mad:

VPRPWR said:
No prob Ken....too bad I couldn't ship the bottle full. I had to waste about $50 bucks worth of nitrous to ship the bottle:mad:

well i hope you wasted it in your motor :) and not just into the air.. .

I was thinking of spraying one of the delivery trucks....I'm sure the little toyota would have hauled ass:D

Blakewilder said:
DID you guys see the Streetfire video of the guys with the leaf blower and NAWZ??? That shit was funny. ill try to find the link.

Yeah...that was a holy shit moment...not sure where the link is....will post if I find it also

A side note here, which most of you guys probably already know.

You do not want to get into the rev limiter while you are spraying. Make sure your window switch is set to shut the spray down before the revlimiter RPM.

If you are spraying into the revlimiter RPM you can/will do serious engine damage.

Daniwl/Viprpwr is living proof that you can spray a lot, just use common sense and follow safe procedures.
Thanks Daniel for sharing you experiance with spray.

Yeah, he is the only person that I know of that had a blower,spray, slicks etc and didnt break anything! And sold the truck and never had to fix nothin....thats great man!

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
well im hopeing i have the same luck... trying to take all the saftey percautions

If you would....could you keep the updates coming please. I'm thinking of a 175-shot real soon. TIA. :cool:

FSTJACK said:
You do not want to get into the rev limiter while you are spraying. Make sure your window switch is set to shut the spray down before the revlimiter RPM.

If you are spraying into the revlimiter RPM you can/will do serious engine damage.
Ah yes, good point. The reason is because the PCM shuts off the fuel injectors but keeps the spark going when in the revlimiter.

EDIT - Another thing I did when I sprayed my 6spd Impala was have the window switch turn off a couple hundred RPM before my shift point. I didn't what the N2O flowing duing the shift. I didn't want an intake backfire to happen. Whether that could actually happen or not I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back