Audio setup thoughts?

kickinassrt-10 said:
Frank have you heard of the Interstate Megatron battery or something like that?
I heard its the best battery for a demanding audio system....even better than all the Optima's:dontknow:

Never heard of that. I do know with all these new Hybrid cars, companies are making HUGE strides in battery design. I have always used Optima, but I am pretty sure there is better out there. Sometimes you just like what you like LOL

harrisb said:
So guys, I've decided to swap out the factory crap stereo as I got a pretty good deal on some higher end JL Audio equipment. JL seems to be a brand that you either love or hate so let me know what you think. Truck is an RC.

It will be comprised of the following:
JL 10"W7 sub in a custom box
JL 500/1 mono amp powering the sub
JL ZR650-CSI component speaker for doors and dash
JL 300/2 powering the components

Sticking with the stock deck. The only item I haven't purchased is the amp for the components so it may change. I just figured that with everything else being JL I may as well make it all match.

In case you folks are wondering, I'll end up with the whole setup, installed in a custom box for around $1200cdn. The sub and amp also comes with a 1 farad cap that I don't believe I will need (thoughts?). Should sound incredible and beats spending $500 with the stealership to replace my blown amp.

This is the exact setup that I had in my 04. With an Alpine DVD/navigation deck and Monster Cable and dynomated the whole truck...Let me tell ya it Rocked!!! Will definately go with JL with the Night Runner when I get the $$$

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back