Auto trans troubleshoot Ford Truck

nycstev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this Ford van and some issues with tranny. WHen its Cold and I put it in drive I doesnt seem like it's moving.The colder it is the worse. After a few minutes its ok. Anybod have a hypothesis?:burnout: :burnout:

Transmission fluid gets thick with the cold air...maybe its just taking a long time for it to warm up before it cycles freely throughout the transmission???

Took my 97 Ford F150 to the tranny shop about 2 wks ago. After I made the mistake of letting the yahoos at a local oil change shop change the fluid and screen the truck started to feel like it was slipping on takeoff and slow to go into gear both drive and reverse. it was working perfectly before the fluid and screen change so I took it to a shop where I knew the guys and they redid everything. No change. So, thinking I didn't want to burn it up if it was slipping I took it to a reputable tranny shop.

So the transmission guys said they couldn't find anything but that it could be a slow valve body or some crud got in somehow. the bands are non adjustable in my year Ford.

So, I said all that to say this...if it isn't something obvious like low fluid or the shifter linkage then save your money and don't bother with the transmission shop cause there's not really anything they can do short of teardown except charge you money for their opinion:D

Best of luck:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back