Auto transmission failure

Speed Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys time to put your expertise to the test again (thanks)

I was in Memphis yesterday and my tranny really began to slip. I now believe it's been slipping quite awhile and I havent noticed it. I have it at my garage and the truck wont hardly move so, Im thinking its a good time to replace it. My mechanic wants to send it to a professional rebuilder to have it redone. I want this bullet proof to 1000hp (minimum). I have seen some links in the past to these places but would you (the experts) recommend a few places that you would trust your tranny's to?

I am footless but have a few days till I need to go back to work so,,,,,Please respond asap.

Thanks a bunch,

Perry

BTW. The computer I had all those sites bookmarked in is in memphis being sent off for repiars (is why Im asking)

Thanks guys.

Perry

Use the warenty to get the oem trans replaced and then when you have time get a bullet proof one....See if you can keep the old one ...I may want to take it off your hands..:)

warantee

Bro, I'd love to do that but wuth a Roe on it and pcm update they will jusat laugh at me if I asked for warantee work.

Perry

Speed Racer said:
Bro, I'd love to do that but wuth a Roe on it and pcm update they will jusat laugh at me if I asked for warantee work.

Perry

I would try it anyway. They would have to prove that it was the ROE that caused the tranny failure.

VIPR PWR said:
Use the warenty to get the oem trans replaced and then when you have time get a bullet proof one....See if you can keep the old one ...I may want to take it off your hands..:)

He's got a blower on it... not sure if he can slide it under warranty:dontknow:

Perry.... I know Bone has used Suncoast... and there is a link there if you type in Suncoast in the search tab...it includes spec's and prices on his build.
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/search.php?searchid=872420
Not sure how the Suncoast stacks up against others... but I am sure you will soon find out.:rock: Good luck on the build.

Get in touch with Joe at westminister, Nowwhat has his number but I think he is out of town, , Pm Fstjack, he may be able to get it for ya, he is tops,, I rode in nowwhats truck and it felt like a stocker, just sweeet as hell.
i dont have much faith in suncoast, everyone I know that sent theirs in , had to take it back out at least once

Stinker said:
Get in touch with Joe at westminister, Nowwhat has his number but I think he is out of town, , Pm Fstjack, he may be able to get it for ya, he is tops,, I rode in nowwhats truck and it felt like a stocker, just sweeet as hell.
i dont have much faith in suncoast, everyone I know that sent theirs in , had to take it back out at least once

I think Speed Racer means the transmission, not your adventures with Nowwhat in the backseat Stinker... :p :nurse:

Upgrading the trans is not a quick job. Joe at Westminister trans told me it would take a couple weeks. Factor in shipping time both directions, and you are looking at a month or more.

But Joe is the expert.

PBJ Joe's yes?

tinygiants said:
Upgrading the trans is not a quick job. Joe at Westminister trans told me it would take a couple weeks. Factor in shipping time both directions, and you are looking at a month or more.

But Joe is the expert.

You mean St. Louis Joe, Tiny or the Westminster one?

Speed

TCI Transmissions main office is in South Memphis, they are great with racing transmissions, call then to see if they have any experience with ours. I'll
bet they have. They also build bulletproof torque converters.

I know you have tons of upgrades to the truck which is probably going to poo poo your warranty but you should try it anyway.

I had problems with my Auto trans and it was missing a spring in the actuator causing it to slam into gear and was smoking the clutches and steels. Had it not been caught in time by me taking it to the dealer knowing it was not acting right it would have most assuredly killed the tranny. Point is, even with your upgrades if your trans is missing parts like mine was you may have a case because it would have failed no matter what (I have seen other posts on tranny problems and believe others have had missing parts as well). If by chance this is the case you may be able to get a new trans and then make that bullet proof.

Just something for you to consider.

Joe at Westminster is who I would use if I were going to do anything to a Dodge QC auto trans.

The man can make them stay alive and shift properly. He is a master with valvebodies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back