Auto transport tape?

precisiondyeing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to get some adhesive film/tape like what comes on the new cars from the factory to protect them from road rash while in transit?

I have a car show that is 150 miles away and I want to do everything I can to reduce road rash while driving each way. Thanks.

Michael

Most all tapes leave some adhesive residue. Here is a product that my wife developed for 3M (web site below)...it works wonderfully in removing any oil based adhesive. It is safe for finishes. It is made from limonene a citrus product. I have five gallon drums of it for every cleaning purpose...

The spray can is plenty for most people's needs...but it really cleans up any grease spots too...I have small felt tip pens with the product in it too...retail shops use it for removing price labels without leaving any adhesive...works great for taking decals and badges off vehicles too.

But a more simple way might be to use Saran Wrap (from the grocery store) to cover the spots that may get dirty...I have a friend that has lost his covered trailer to his son...so he uses the open trailer to get to car shows and just Saran wraps his VW van to protect the finish...

If you want some of the raw "105" let me know...

http://www.shop3m.com/62466749306.h...=shop3m-AtoZ-General-Purpose-Adhesive-Remover

Last edited:
Would that stuff work on the inside of the rim on brake dust buildup?

Get some wide packaging/shrink tape, raise the hood and wrap. Be careful to leave room for air to the radiator.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back