B & G computer tune

I think my fan is running all the time anyway this summer in FL but I like seeing the temp gauge setting about 180 instead of well past 200 and as far as the B&G flash when's the last time you dropped a grand on a little box that made you smile that big ........that was legal?

nycstev said:
Fugeddaboudit..Im outta this thread :burnout:
I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION ABOUT CAI STUFF- ITS 2 DIFFERENT SIDES OF THE SPECTRUM- I HAVE ALWAYS FELT IT GIVE A SMALL GAIN OVER STOCK- BUT I LIKE THE SOUND AND THE LOOKS MORE THAN ANYTHING- THE HP IS A BONUS- WELL OFF TO PURCHASE THE T-STAT

RUFROZN said:
is it better than the volant??

Had them both.Jmb seems a little better perf.wise.Not much though.As far as the bling factor.Jmb all the way.It looks suuuweeet :p :p

RUFROZN said:
I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION ABOUT CAI STUFF- ITS 2 DIFFERENT SIDES OF THE SPECTRUM- I HAVE ALWAYS FELT IT GIVE A SMALL GAIN OVER STOCK- BUT I LIKE THE SOUND AND THE LOOKS MORE THAN ANYTHING- THE HP IS A BONUS- WELL OFF TO PURCHASE THE T-STAT
Actually Several members here have reported small losses afte installing aftermerket CAIs. I havent done any tests but here is my idea. The aftermarket units definitley have a higher CFM filter. The tubing might even have less restriction. But the tubes are made of metal which get hot and stay hot. This could be whats causing the loss. The stock setup has a rubber
flex tube which acts as better insulater.
The Roe SC on the other hand has NO CAI which isnt that strange since it is relatively new and Im sure will have one soon. It has a baffle which helps draw cooler air but could definitely use a CAI

nycstev said:
The Roe SC on the other hand has NO CAI which isnt that strange since it is relatively new and Im sure will have one soon. It has a baffle which helps draw cooler air but could definitely use a CAI

It sure would be nice to have a CAI, especially one that looks like JMB's. :) And yeah it sure could use a CAI, i get terrible heat soak issues when i'm at the 1/4 mile.

I have a B & G flash, and a K & N CAI, and I am very happy with both.

Bill.

volant

nycstev said:
Actually Several members here have reported small losses afte installing aftermerket CAIs. I havent done any tests but here is my idea. The aftermarket units definitley have a higher CFM filter. The tubing might even have less restriction. But the tubes are made of metal which get hot and stay hot. This could be whats causing the loss. The stock setup has a rubber
flex tube which acts as better insulater.

I HAVE A VOLANT WITH THE RAM INTAKE,SEEMS TO DO THE TRICK FOR ME,DYNO NUMBERS WERE THE BEST OUT OF EVERYONES EXCEPT FOR ONE AND I ONLY HAVE THAT AND A GIBSON CAT BACK,OTHERS HAD STAGEII,HEADERS JMBs ETC AND ONLY CAME CLOSE,MAYBE JUST A LUCKY PRODUCTION No?:burnout: :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back