B & G computer tune

RUFROZN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought my QC and imediatley went to my dodge hook up and got a factory pcm- sent it to B & G and got it back today- wow what a difference !! i am going to dyno next saturday to get some acurate numbers but holy cow its sweet! anyone else done this mod or a similar one?:rock:

I have. It eliminates all the restrictions that come from the factory regarding the transmission " torque management". this done basically to extend the transmissions' life. They also alter the AF ratio and timing according to the type of gas in your area, In addition it changes cooling fan setting which when used together witha cooler Tstat allows the engine to run cooler allowing for additional performace gains. Best bang for a QC

Its a must on All quads. I could spin mines now and it also redlines on every shift when I floor it:rock:

got it on mine,and you are right its the only way to go.now get yourself a cai from justin at jmb and you will really see the diffrence.

Brat said:
got it on mine,and you are right its the only way to go.now get yourself a cai from justin at jmb and you will really see the diffrence.
is it better than the volant??

RUFROZN said:
is it better than the volant??
never had the voliant,but with the jmb cai just by the seat of the pants i can tell that there is more throttle responce,which is a good thing.:rock: :rock: :rock:

nycstev said:
I have. It eliminates all the restrictions that come from the factory regarding the transmission " torque management". this done basically to extend the transmissions' life. They also alter the AF ratio and timing according to the type of gas in your area, In addition it changes cooling fan setting which when used together witha cooler Tstat allows the engine to run cooler allowing for additional performace gains. Best bang for a QC
i should now replace the t-stat with the 171?or will the reflash be fine?

These trucks already have a cold air intake. It takes "cold "air from the fender area. Just Get a low restriction K&N drop in filter. These CAI sytems are not really worth the money and have no proven HP gains. Some actually have HP loss!

RUFROZN said:
go with the 172 t-stat it will work great with your pcm.:rock: :rock: :rock:

RUFROZN said:

yes to get the most out of the new cooling fan settings you SHOULD replace the T stat with a 172 unit

you must change your t-stat with that flash or your fans will always run. 170 or 172 will be just fine. dont go any lower

nycstev said:
These trucks already have a cold air intake. It takes "cold "air from the fender area. Just Get a low restriction K&N drop in filter. These CAI sytems are not really worth the money and have no proven HP gains. Some actually have HP loss!
maybe it does,maybe it doesnt,we could debate that all night,but the jmb cai sure looks better then the oem cai.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Brat said:
maybe it does,maybe it doesnt,we could debate that all night,but the jmb cai sure looks better then the oem cai.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Oh Yea? Im having mine chrome plated:D :p

The day I replaced my pcm I was smiling just as big as the day I got the truck. I remember people telling me that the pcm will 'wake up' the truck. I thought they were kiidding since I thought the truck already hauled ass. Man was I wrong! Like Annu said... It is a must for all QC's that are not supercharged.

I can not tell you if there was a seat of the pants difference when I installed JMB's CAI cause I did it along with the pcm upgrade. I can tell you that it looks bad ass and definitely brings the comments when you lift the hood to show people.

When you asked if it is better than the Volant I would look to see how many volant's you see popping up here for sale and then look at why they are selling it. Not too many say it is because of performance but most of them are moving to the JMB's CAI. It is a gorgeous piece under the hood.

Paul
Truck023.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back