B&M customer service sux!

srtaggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to some pos named joey at B&M about my broken shifter. I tell him that its broken and I need a new one sent to me. I said something to the effect of "ya'll have some sort of recall on this particular model" He replies "yay I know, i work here" in a real smart ass sort of way.

He then proceeds to tell me that I have to send mine in and once they receive it they will send a replacement. I tell him its in a daily driver and the only shifter that I've got, i can't do that. He puts me on hold for ten minutes!! and finally the line goes dead.:mad: :mad:

I called back a little while later and asked about joey and what the deal was. Guy #2 tells me that the need a credit card to hold until they receive the new shifter piece. And no polished replacements either only black.

I haven't been talked to like that since I was in elementary school. I'm not sure who everyone else has dealt with in the past at B&M but these guys are freakin' rude!

Got mine from Atlantic speed. Maybe you could call them and tell them your problem. They seem to have a good rapport with B&M.

TREKER said:
Got mine from Atlantic speed. Maybe you could call them and tell them your problem. They seem to have a good rapport with B&M.

I thought about that, but another guy on this site has been in contact with b&m direct. Initially, B&m said that there would be a black and polished version of the new steel piece.

Jerk #2 cut me off short "nope, don't know where you heard that, only black"

Are there any B&M guys that visit this site? I'd be more than happy to tell them about my experience.

Call Boomer see if his new shifter handle will work...it is so nice...

srtaggie said:
I just spoke to some pos named joey at B&M about my broken shifter. I tell him that its broken and I need a new one sent to me. I said something to the effect of "ya'll have some sort of recall on this particular model" He replies "yay I know, i work here" in a real smart ass sort of way.

He then proceeds to tell me that I have to send mine in and once they receive it they will send a replacement. I tell him its in a daily driver and the only shifter that I've got, i can't do that. He puts me on hold for ten minutes!! and finally the line goes dead.:mad: :mad:

I called back a little while later and asked about joey and what the deal was. Guy #2 tells me that the need a credit card to hold until they receive the new shifter piece. And no polished replacements either only black.

I haven't been talked to like that since I was in elementary school. I'm not sure who everyone else has dealt with in the past at B&M but these guys are freakin' rude!

Most companies will not send out a part with out first getting the broken part,they would be absolutly stupid and out of buisiness with a week if they did:dontknow:
That is just standard procedure, and more than likely since this has been announced every goon that has a B&M shifter see's this as a free oportunity to possibly get them a free polished lever, and they are probably overwhelmed with calls from these free loaders.

How much did ya get outta your stock shifter since you didnt have it to put back in? I got two I would love to sell:rock:

Prof said:
Call Boomer see if his new shifter handle will work...it is so nice...

Gary will have a new shifter at the nats for sale, taking mine out and putting the B&M back in, so I will bring it with me if anyone is interested

Stinker said:
Most companies will not send out a part with out first getting the broken part,they would be absolutly stupid and out of buisiness with a week if they did:dontknow:
That is just standard procedure, and more than likely since this has been announced every goon that has a B&M shifter see's this as a free oportunity to possibly get them a free polished lever, and they are probably overwhelmed with calls from these free loaders.

How much did ya get outta your stock shifter since you didnt have it to put back in? I got two I would love to sell:rock:

That would be understandable if it was a shifter for a 5.0 muskank. Besides, what would anyone be able to do with a custom chuck of metal that doesn't fit anything but our shifters?

I was so pissed by the time he told me this I was ready to come through the phone.

srtaggie said:
That would be understandable if it was a shifter for a 5.0 muskank. Besides, what would anyone be able to do with a custom chuck of metal that doesn't fit anything but our shifters?

I was so pissed by the time he told me this I was ready to come through the phone.

oh I understand bro,,, but...... look at it this way and it really seems to work well most of the time;)

take it you havent been laid in over 4 years!!! down there has just been a lonely place, and jsut as blue as the sky:D
When someone gives you a number for an easy lay, but turns out to be a bitch:D
What do ya do?
You talk more sweet sh#t than you ever have in your life!!
she has the best looks of any women alive, the best curves, and does her "job" better than any person ever lived, an you just cant do without her!!!
And you must have her yesterday!! because without her you just cant go on living:D

I really had doin it:( but honestly suckin as# to these guys and telling them there is nothing out there like them, and their company is the best in the world seems to work.
I jsut really hate the taste of as# in my mouth afterwards:D

Stinker said:
oh I understand bro,,, but...... look at it this way and it really seems to work well most of the time;)

take it you havent been laid in over 4 years!!! down there has just been a lonely place, and jsut as blue as the sky:D
When someone gives you a number for an easy lay, but turns out to be a bitch:D
What do ya do?
You talk more sweet sh#t than you ever have in your life!!
she has the best looks of any women alive, the best curves, and does her "job" better than any person ever lived, an you just cant do without her!!!
And you must have her yesterday!! because without her you just cant go on living:D

I really had doin it:( but honestly suckin as# to these guys and telling them there is nothing out there like them, and their company is the best in the world seems to work.
I jsut really hate the taste of as# in my mouth afterwards:D

Wow, 4 years! Man, i'm engaged right now. She's still trying to make sure that I'm going to hang around:D

Word on the street is that post marriage, the creeks starts to run dry. Thats where the truck comes in.

"oh no nookie? thats cool. I'll be in the garage spending money on something else....holla bitch!";)

Joey is stand up guy .... maybe he was just having a bad day :dontknow:.
I was the one that was trying to get them to do a polished version and did not happen :( .

Cheers J.T.

srtaggie - same thing happened to me with my shifter, I also purchased it from Atlantic Motor Speed. I contacted AMS directly and told them what happened and the guy directed me to B&M directly but told me that if I didn't get anywhere with them then he would just warranty the part to make me happy. What a great guy! When I contacted B&M, the guy there told me to just fax over the invoice and receipt where I purchased it and he would just send me out a replacement - no charge! I was floored by the service! Sorry to hear about your struggles, but maybe you just caught someone on a bad day or maybe the wrong person all together. Good Luck!

VNM PWRD said:
Joey is stand up guy .... maybe he was just having a bad day :dontknow:.
I was the one that was trying to get them to do a polished version and did not happen :( .

Cheers J.T.

Well, from what I can tell joey is a schmuck. So, I call on puddin's bad day and I'm supposed to let him treat me like sh1t?

I think its funny that someone else had the same problem and they didn't require him to mail his in. I guess that was too logical for them to keep that protocol in place.

Just wondering...did you tell them you are an Aggie? That might be the problem.:p :p :D

Sorry this old Horned Frog just could not resist...

Roy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back