B&M shifter bolts

lightningKILLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get some m8 x 1.25 for the B&M shifter? No hardware stores near me have them countersunk grade 10.

Only ones I found online were from China/UK.:mad:

Thanks!

Dan

Does anyone know where I can get some m8 x 1.25 for the B&M shifter? No hardware stores near me have them countersunk grade 10.

Only ones I found online were from China/UK.:mad:

Thanks!

Dan

I don't know if you have a Grainger near by, but they have all kinds of speciality hardware available. And whatever they don't have they can outsource for you.

Fastenal would be a good place also, I take it you got the bolts out?

Fastenal would be a good place also, I take it you got the bolts out?

lol yep. Boy, that was fun! Had to drill them out. Broke 2 speed outs using a power drill, but eventually got them out. There was some serious Loctite on those babies! No damage to the handle or threads! :rock:

do not get the countersunk bolts.. get regular ones. I found it keeps the vibration noise down big time. 2 years with my b@m and nothing.. bolts didnt even come loose.

do not get the countersunk bolts.. get regular ones. I found it keeps the vibration noise down big time. 2 years with my b@m and nothing.. bolts didnt even come loose.

Really? So did you use a nut too? Did you flip the handle so the countersunk portion is on the inside?

yes i used a bolt too.. and no I did not flip the handle. I let the bolt kind of bite into the handle and tighten the shit outta it.. I also used a piece of rubber where the handle get attached too.

I filled my shifter ball with silicone and screwed it back on. Let it set a day and the noise was dramatically reduced. I'm using an aftermarket ball, kind of like a billiards ball.

You guys do anything at the shifter ball to reduce noise? Epoxy, Teflon?

the noise isn't coming from the ball - and whatever is transferred from there is marginal at best.

you can also wrap the entire shifter, boot, and most of the handle with an old inner tube after you put in the rubber between the handles. you'll barely hear it then...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back