B&M shifter

DRamSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, whats up? I recently bought the B&M shifter from Dom(xxxsrt10xxx). It is brand new and I am really very impression with its look. I installed it today with one of my buddy, Ivan. We worked on it for around 2 hours. After install it, we took a ride on my truck to test the shifter on the back road near my home. I have to say that it really feels an awesome with the quick shifter! I was :D all the way. I am not sure if it have any noise problem since I am deaf if some of you didn't know that. I will ask my girlfriend to take a ride with me if she can hear anything. Anyways, my point is I LOVE IT! Maybe someday, I will try to switch it to the gen x shifter. I will post up the pictures when I have the time.

Thanks for read!

Tyler, most of the complaints about that shifter was the noise...........and you cant here it anyway so thats cool.

I have not read much else bad about that shifter, so enjoy it bro!!!

Are you gonna keep the hot rod now or are you still selling?

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Tyler, most of the complaints about that shifter was the noise...........and you cant here it anyway so thats cool.

I have not read much else bad about that shifter, so enjoy it bro!!!

Are you gonna keep the hot rod now or are you still selling?

patrick

Haha, thanks man but I am afraid what if there is something wrong, like a noise problem for an example: wheel bearing then I can't hear it. That is why I am relying on my girlfriend because she can hear if theres a noise problem. :) Yeah I think I am going to keep my truck since my money payment is getting better now. Plus I am hoping to hear from the toyota dealership for a job.

Heh you want to be safe that for sure........good idea having her take a listen. If the shifter was in wrong, I think you would be able to tell with your arm when shifting!

Glad you keeping the hot rod too!!

Have you completed the mechanics class you were taking already?

patrick

Yep, Thats right. As for mechanic school, no I have not completed it yet. I only recently started. I started attending school on July 16. So far, I have took 6 courses and this is my 7th course which is automotive undercar now. I still have 14 courses to go then ford course then diesel course and I am done.

FATJACK said:
Stick with the B&M, you will be disappointed if you trade up.

Yeah? Why do you think that? I am just curious what is your opinion. Thanks.

DRamSrt10 said:
Yeah? Why do you think that? I am just curious what is your opinion. Thanks.

Bought a Gen X and really did not like it. Could not get accustomed to the way it swivels in the palm of your hand when you shift, I think the actual throw of the Gen X is longer and was not adjustable at all. The B&M just does a better job for me. Just my opinion.

Tyler, great to see things are improving! Good Idea to get somebody to give it a listen!:rock: This is not meant to be a slight against your lady, but, can she make an assessment of what's happening in the trany by the noises she hears? if not, maybe one of the members close by can help. Otherwise, Happy New Year to you and yours! Maybe I'll see you at the next GTG, in the spring of course. My baby is sleeping and there is already too much sand in the streets.:p

joemags54 said:
Tyler, great to see things are improving! Good Idea to get somebody to give it a listen!:rock: This is not meant to be a slight against your lady, but, can she make an assessment of what's happening in the trany by the noises she hears? if not, maybe one of the members close by can help. Otherwise, Happy New Year to you and yours! Maybe I'll see you at the next GTG, in the spring of course. My baby is sleeping and there is already too much sand in the streets.:p

Hey, how are you doing? Yeah, she can hear it. She is hard of hearing and she is able to hear everything with her hearing aids too. Happy New Year to you too! I still am driving my truck through the winter with these salt sand! :mad:

So..............I guess you aren't selling it now and probably not wanting to buy an older 4x4 ????

I think you will be happier with it than with a 4x4.

Mine is still for sale.

HOT RAM said:
So..............I guess you aren't selling it now and probably not wanting to buy an older 4x4 ????

I think you will be happier with it than with a 4x4.

Mine is still for sale.

Yep, thats right. Sorry man. Maybe next time. You are def right because I will always love my truck.

DRamSrt10 said:
Yep, thats right. Sorry man. Maybe next time. You are def right because I will always love my truck.
Glad to see you were able to hang on to your truck Tyler.Have a safe New Years.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back