B&M Viper shifter.

36viper

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a B&M Viper shifter will fit an 05 RC 6speed trans?
Truck shifter will be too tall for my 36.
Thanks,David.:)

Ask FatJack, he has tried just about every combo with his and I do beleive he has a short straight (wow ) handle now

The Viper shifter will work. The B&M Truck shifter will do fine with a straight, short lever on it BUT B&M does not make one, you have to use a Hurst 8" and redrill it to fit the B&M.

Grab an X-Metal shifter. Handles can be bent to the right. All RH conversion trucks/cars with manuals have this done at the conversion shop.
I think it's just a matter of bench vice, cloth/towel and a bit of strength. So you can run what ever shifter you like. :)

0.02c

FATJACK said:
The Viper shifter will work. The B&M Truck shifter will do fine with a straight, short lever on it BUT B&M does not make one, you have to use a Hurst 8" and redrill it to fit the B&M.

Straight handle will do the trick,except that I would like the knob height to end up around the height of the stock shifter without the lever on it.A knob straight on the shifter as in the pic would be perfect.
That was why I suggested a Viper one as they look a lot lower,but because of the offset it may move it too far away.

How do I get hold of Boomer to enquire about an X-Metal?Can't get website to open up.
Thanks for the help.
David.

firewall_004.jpg

Venom Power said:
WHOA, I trust that the 36 Viper is coming along well..?

It's coming along great thanks.
Body has all steel framing finished,Firewall is done.Kick panels,'A' & 'B' pillars,window reveals done.
Pics posted on new thread.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back