Back thinking of buying an SRT-10

En4cer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I joined this site back in 2008 as I was looking for an SRT-10. After some decisions, I actually ended up with an Audi S4.

I'm kind of bored with things, and figured I wanted a new toy. I've been looking at all types of cars and trucks and remembered that I still have a small hole in my soul that can only be filled with something crazy. So, back on the SRT hunt I go.

I have found a few I am going to look at this week and next. I have neen reading new and old posts on here to refresh my memory on things.

Since 7 years have passed since I was looking, and these trucks are now 10 years old, I was just looking for some input to help me make sure I don't get the wrong truck.

Any pointers on things to look at/for specifically? Things to listen for? Questions to ask? I do have a background in automotive and used to do much of my own wrenching too, so please feel free to get as deep into the weeds as needed.

To note, I have been looking for '05 RC only. Unless an '06 at the right price popped up, that would be great too.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Look for a truck some sucker (like me) stuck a LOT of money in fixing all the shit that went wrong with it in the last 10 years.

O by the way I'm willing to part with mine for the right price. 2005 RC red with black wheels. 62,000 miles but had a fresh rebuild with cam & forged bottom end put in last year. About 10K miles ago. Too much new stuff to list.

deep pockets

Hi all,

I joined this site back in 2008 as I was looking for an SRT-10. After some decisions, I actually ended up with an Audi S4.

I'm kind of bored with things, and figured I wanted a new toy. I've been looking at all types of cars and trucks and remembered that I still have a small hole in my soul that can only be filled with something crazy. So, back on the SRT hunt I go.

I have found a few I am going to look at this week and next. I have neen reading new and old posts on here to refresh my memory on things.

Since 7 years have passed since I was looking, and these trucks are now 10 years old, I was just looking for some input to help me make sure I don't get the wrong truck.

Any pointers on things to look at/for specifically? Things to listen for? Questions to ask? I do have a background in automotive and used to do much of my own wrenching too, so please feel free to get as deep into the weeds as needed.

To note, I have been looking for '05 RC only. Unless an '06 at the right price popped up, that would be great too.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I hope you have deep pockets. When time come for a new engine plan on spending $25,000.00

I guess we all would, that's why we bought these trucks.... But... I think if we ever did get them, the nostalgia of driving one of these bad girls would lead us to wanting them back.

I guess we all would, that's why we bought these trucks.... But... I think if we ever did get them, the nostalgia of driving one of these bad girls would lead us to wanting them back.

Not all of us homie, I just wanted a bad ass truck.

I hope you have deep pockets. When time come for a new engine plan on spending $25,000.00

whoever quoted you that must have seen a sucker coming, because it doesn't cost anywhere near that much money.

2nd question... I would love to find a truly stock SRT, but everything I see has something on it, which is expected.

Are there any modifications I should stay away from? Anything I should/could look for as a tell tale sign it had more mods than currently?

I was looking at one, that has an exhaust, but It may have been supercharged once upon a time.

Thanks VPRPWRD, I sent you an email, whenever you get a chance to check it. Thanks.

I have a mint 05 rc black with 10k miles , one owner .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back