Back to the track with New Clutch

avcts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temps outside were in the low 50's and began to dip in the high 40's. Track temp was 58. Elevation is around 700ft. People were starting to have traction problems later in the evening. My first 3 runs were smoke shows. No need to post those.:eek:

I'm number 19. This is weird. I ran a Cutlass with a 462 BB. He beat up on me with a 12.2. I launched and spun pretty bad. I pulled a John force and back peddled it and nailed it again. I though maybe a 13.3 if I'm lucky. I ran my best MPH and still got in the 12's. Figure that one out! Ya probably think Im bullshitting. Analysis anyone!!!

My MPH trap speeds are back were they should be. I new the OEM clutch was slipping at high RPM. This one...obviously does not.

If I can just get this thing to 60' in the high 1.8's. There's records time somewhere.:D

oh....my mods again...Bassani Headers, BG SII Flash, Centerforce, BM shifter. THATS ALL.

Attachments

• Time Slips 10-6-2006.jpg
    Time Slips 10-6-2006.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Right click and download it to your desk top. Open it with Win Xp usually faxviewer. It is crystal clear that way.:)

Nice runs! I am assuming the reverse slipping issues are gone?

Pretty Nice MPH! You just gotta get some traction!!:burnout:

I launched the same way as I did with the OEM clutch. It seems to work best if I keep it at the same RPM regardless of the ability to get traction. So, if I know that traction is going to suck, I let the clutch out a little slower. If I know that I will have a good bite, I let it out quicker. I do not side step it. However, it is a very quick release. 2700 RPM seems to be the track's limit. This is why I can't get a 12.8. I'm sure anyone who has achieved 12.8's or lower are launching harder.

No slipping but I'm still gettting some nasty shutter. I'm not to happy with this clutch. I hope it gets better. If not, it's coming out and I'll have something custom made by a local shop.

I have to pull the tranny anyways. It will definately see prep work before next season. I dont want to worry about it anymore.

By the way...I tried 3000 RPM with various clutch releases. All launches at that RPM were smoke shows.:dontknow:

avcts said:
No slipping but I'm still gettting some nasty shutter. I'm not to happy with this clutch. I hope it gets better. If not, it's coming out and I'll have something custom made by a local shop.
:

That sucks. I have never had shutter except creeping into my shoebox garage. Was there any burnt smell?

patrick

Nope...I don't know what to say....

However, I know Centerforce will stand behind me. Thats why I bought it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back