backfire and rough idle

RUFROZN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yesterday i am leaving work, the temp outside was about 48 degrees. i start up the truck and it is running sh*tty- i give some throttle and she backfires and continues to run rough.i turn her off and check things out under the hood- everything looks in order. started it back up -and it ran better but the idle was about 550-600 rpm and seemed to struggle a little- so i take off for home and after about 2-3 miles she smoothed out, this morning it was about 45 degrees out she started up fine- anyone with this experience? ocassional poor idle or backfire?:dontknow:
Thanks
Patrick

TREKER said:
Uhhhh Is that a cap? :dontknow:
lol...:D
I think it's the natrue of the truck, every Viper V-10 has it's own personality.:dontknow:
I think if you let it warm up for a minute or lose the cap it should be fine, actually ditch the first one, just lose the cap:D

could be your TPS (throttle position sensor)mine was running rough and finally threw a code.

Enough with the capping on my cap- its a work truck and a everyday driver- i have to transport large items some worth over 50K- and living in the northwest with all the weather ie: RAIN its a nessasary option so if you don't like the the baddest station wagon on the planet- OH WELL- get over it......
Hey trekker- does the dodge licence plate frame and valve caps count as a mod???whats the HP gain??? i should put my floor mats as a mod -they cut RT's lol

Might not be a bad idea to re-boot the pcm...disconnect the negative battery lead for 10 or 15 minutes... (10mm)

Then re-attach. Will restore the default settings in case something is amiss...can't hurt.

will the upgraded 1200 degree wires help?- iam wondering if the heat from the bassanis might be causing a problem- i bought them a couple weeks ago from gary- but have been holding out because the install is a pain in the ass!
also i did not replace the the sparkplug guards is that bad- they would not fit right for me when i installed the headers.?

RUFROZN said:
will the upgraded 1200 degree wires help?- iam wondering if the heat from the bassanis might be causing a problem- i bought them a couple weeks ago from gary- but have been holding out because the install is a pain in the ass!
also i did not replace the the sparkplug guards is that bad- they would not fit right for me when i installed the headers.?

You might have changed the intake vacuum pressure with the TBand header install. Might need a flash upgrade to remedy the situation ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back