Bad Injector?

xNightRunnerx

Reaction score
So I replaced my plugs, wires and coils a few days ago with Tony's wires and coils. I went with stock OEM plugs also. I initially had a cylinder #4 misfire code and that's what started this whole replacement process. Everything was reassembled and I had no issues for the first two days of driving. In fact, the truck was running amazing! It sounded much smoother and everything. I thought the problem was fixed, but the CEL popped back on today (cylinder #4 misfire)...I don't understand it. I know it's not an injector code that it's showing, but could it just be a bad injector? I was going to change the cylinder #4 injector with #2 to see if it's the issue, but I didn't want to start tearing into it AGAIN (not that it's really that big of a job) if that doesn't seem to be the problem. Any advice?

So I replaced my plugs, wires and coils a few days ago with Tony's wires and coils. I went with stock OEM plugs also. I initially had a cylinder #4 misfire code and that's what started this whole replacement process. Everything was reassembled and I had no issues for the first two days of driving. In fact, the truck was running amazing! It sounded much smoother and everything. I thought the problem was fixed, but the CEL popped back on today (cylinder #4 misfire)...I don't understand it. I know it's not an injector code that it's showing, but could it just be a bad injector? I was going to change the cylinder #4 injector with #2 to see if it's the issue, but I didn't want to start tearing into it AGAIN (not that it's really that big of a job) if that doesn't seem to be the problem. Any advice?

Yup swap injectors and see if problem moves as well. If not check wiring harness.

Will do. Gonna swap it out tonight, clear the code and hopefully it will misfire on a different cylinder. Thanks.

PS - Any ballpark idea how much OEM replacements are?

Will do. Gonna swap it out tonight, clear the code and hopefully it will misfire on a different cylinder. Thanks.

PS - Any ballpark idea how much OEM replacements are?

See if you have a local injector shop that can look at it. If not I believe $85 per?

Well the injectors from cylinder 2 and 4 are swapped out, so hopefully the CEL comes on and throws a code for cylinder 2! Crossing my fingers...can you run injector cleaner in these trucks? I was thinking of doing it, but I didn't know if it's recommended or not.

Bad news. Still a misfire on cylinder 4! WTF. Anybody have any other ideas? It ran fine for two days and now its back to crap...

Well the injectors from cylinder 2 and 4 are swapped out, so hopefully the CEL comes on and throws a code for cylinder 2! Crossing my fingers..:elefant::elefant:.can you run injector cleaner in these trucks? I was thinking of doing it, but I didn't know if it's recommended or not.:elefant::elefant:

i do. on a regular bases:rock:

Just found out what was wrong with mine yesterday with a p0209 Bad injector code.
My right side harness was melted on the rear most header due to Dodge making a crappy harness holder that broke and then dropped on my exhaust. I think this is a new one that everybody should check on their SRT10's I fixed the wires and she is back on the road again. Rerouted harness to the top side of the firewall and it will never happen again.

Fixed p0209 All SRT's could have this melted harness BEWARE!!!

Just found out what was wrong with mine yesterday with a p0209 Bad injector code.
My right side harness was melted on the rear most header due to Dodge making a crappy harness holder that broke and then dropped on my exhaust. I think this is a new one that everybody should check on their SRT10's I fixed the wires and she is back on the road again. Rerouted harness to the top side of the firewall and it will never happen again.

Attachments

• P1050339.JPG
    P1050339.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 152

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back