Bad Spark Plug???

Rickspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so after many days of banging my head against the wall, I did a drip test on the headers. And low and behold water was not burning off on the 3rd/middle cylinder on the drivers side, I believe that's cylinder 5. So injector works, spark is coming out of the wire, pull the plug, and it's soaked with fuel. Could it be a bad spark plug? Is there a way to test the plug? Thanks.

Rickspeed said:
Ok so after many days of banging my head against the wall, I did a drip test on the headers. And low and behold water was not burning off on the 3rd/middle cylinder on the drivers side, I believe that's cylinder 5. So injector works, spark is coming out of the wire, pull the plug, and it's soaked with fuel. Could it be a bad spark plug? Is there a way to test the plug? Thanks.
Could be bad spark plug. Maybe injector stuck open. Either one should be an easy fix.

Only way I know of testing is pull it out, touch the threads against a ground. Engine running of course. Should see spark jumping between the electrode and tip. Be careful, you will get zapped. I typically have used some insulated long nosed pliers.

Rickspeed said:
How would I find out if injector was stuck open?
You can try swapping it and see if the incident moves to the cylinder that you swapped it to.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back