Baseball League shuts down, 9 y/o pitcher to blame!!! MUST READ!!!

Yea, read this earlier.......

I could hardly believe what I was reading

and if was the parent, yes I would have been outraged

What was even more amazing is no kids had been hit with his piches.....

parents......just shot em and let the kids play

Yup, already saw this. And as I told someone else, I would shut down the whole league if it was my kid. I would take him to every single game whether his team was playing or not and send him out to the mound.

This my friends, is exactly the kind of thing that shows why the official language of the US will be some mix of Spanish and Chinese in the next 50 years. We are teaching our youth that competition is bad, and that they should be ashamed of their strengths. It's a sad direction that we are moving in.

OCBob said:
Yup, already saw this. And as I told someone else, I would shut down the whole league if it was my kid. I would take him to every single game whether his team was playing or not and send him out to the mound.

This my friends, is exactly the kind of thing that shows why the official language of the US will be some mix of Spanish and Chinese in the next 50 years. We are teaching our youth that competition is bad, and that they should be ashamed of their strengths. It's a sad direction that we are moving in.
amen, we had guys that could throw hard when we were in little league, we just had to learn how to hit off him. send him to florida they would be chomping at the bit to get that boy on a team.

I heard that on the radio this morning. What a crock.

Most of the teams in our area have been playing on the same team since T-ball, and if they have a good coach, it will show on the field. What next, ban the kid that can hit homeruns.

OCBob said:

Well said Bob.

I personally agree with what has been said above. But in my experience, once the lawyers are consulted, the rational decision making goes away. The issues of liability sometimes just become overbearing. It was one of those lose/lose situations. If I were the parent of the young pitcher I would have been very upset. If I was the person in charge of the league, I would have been in fear of the entire program being destroyed forever by a litigious parent.

Often executives have to do what is right for the organization and that frequently is not what the executive would have wanted to do. It is not a totally fair world and life is sometimes cruel.

Too bad.

Prof said:
I personally agree with what has been said above. But in my experience, once the lawyers are consulted, the rational decision making goes away. The issues of liability sometimes just become overbearing. It was one of those lose/lose situations. If I were the parent of the young pitcher I would have been very upset. If I was the person in charge of the league, I would have been in fear of the entire program being destroyed forever by a litigious parent.

Often executives have to do what is right for the organization and that frequently is not what the executive would have wanted to do. It is not a totally fair world and life is sometimes cruel.

Too bad.
Kids get hurt, always have and always will. If it's a liabilty issue then ban the kid once he hits a batter, not just because he has the potential to.

There are alot of soultions to this that could have been brought up, my step son was in the same position(basicly if you pitch over 50mph), instead of banning him they just moved him up to the next age group... he was happy and so was I.

You know... if this paragraph is true....

"Jericho’s coach and parents say the boy is being unfairly targeted because he turned down an invitation to join the defending league champion, which is sponsored by an employer of one of the league’s administrators."

Read this yesterday too. What a pile of horsecrap. He hasn't beaned anyone. Simple solution is place a limit on the number of innings one player can pitch, not pitch count because if he's striking people out pitch count doesn't mean a thing. The article says it's developmental level, well then why are there records and playoffs if it's only developmental. Overbearing and panty waisted parents are consistently ruining sports for their children. It's sad.

BigRed460 said:
...If it's a liabilty issue then ban the kid once he hits a batter, not just because he has the potential to...

I don't think you really believe that. If it were your step son that got hit, then it would probably be a viable approach...but you are being realistic. It is the possibility that after all of the issue surfaced, some other parent who's child gets hit that would be the problem. And that parent would probably win in court. That is the reality. When shit happens, it usually is the suit happy family that gets hurt...and then the entire program is a risk.

These kind of issues are what drove me to sell my health care business...so many downsides and constant reviewing of worst case situations and the risk involved.

Prof said:
I don't think you really believe that. If it were your step son that got hit, then it would probably be a viable approach...but you are being realistic. It is the possibility that after all of the issue surfaced, some other parent who's child gets hit that would be the problem. And that parent would probably win in court. That is the reality. When shit happens, it usually is the suit happy family that gets hurt...and then the entire program is a risk.

These kind of issues are what drove me to sell my health care business...so many downsides and constant reviewing of worst case situations and the risk involved.
The solution is easy. You just don't let the parents come to the games, and then you don't tell them if their kid got hurt or how he got hurt. How about that?

BigRed460 said:
There are alot of soultions to this that could have been brought up, my step son was in the same position(basicly if you pitch over 50mph), instead of banning him they just moved him up to the next age group... he was happy and so was I.

Right fkn on............

D

If a pitcher that pitched 50mph+ hit him, I would be worried but not mad... Boys play sports and they get hurt, yes somtimes even bad, but that can't be an excuse for stopping everything...

Sad, sad day for kids sports.

I agree with either moving him up a level, or limiting the innings he can pitch.

If I was a parent of a child on one of the opposing teams, I would use him to motivate my child to be a better hitter. Use his fast pitches to learn from. Imagine how good a kid that age would feel after learning how to hit one of those pitches?!?!

BigRed460 said:
If a pitcher that pitched 50mph+ hit him, I would be worried but not mad... Boys play sports and they get hurt, yes somtimes even bad, but that can't be an excuse for stopping everything...

But, damn, you are being logical...and rational...no one in the cited situation is in that 'unusual' frame of mind.

ntw0rk said:
Sad, sad day for kids sports.

I agree with either moving him up a level, or limiting the innings he can pitch.

If I was a parent of a child on one of the opposing teams, I would use him to motivate my child to be a better hitter. Use his fast pitches to learn from. Imagine how good a kid that age would feel after learning how to hit one of those pitches?!?!

"The path to excellence is now becoming a toll road. The fees are your self worth, your integrity, and your ingenuity." By me...........

Please join me in helping America sink to it's lowest common denominator.

Lee

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back