Baseline Dyno

Eric_Pllcc

Reaction score
Disappointing Baseline Dyno

Did a baseline dyno on a Mustang Dynamometer at 92 degrees outside, 4th gear pull, K&N drop in filter and a welded on flowmaster axle-back exhaust (bought the truck used, don't know what else was done), and no tune. Made 383 HP and 391 TQ. When the guy was putting the load for the vehicle, he thought the load was too low for the truck (2.2) and switched it to a Ram 1500 V8 (believe it was 17). I'm a little disappointed in the numbers. The guy also said I'm a little rich.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 48
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
dont get caught up in the numbers...your 1/4 mile mph will tell you the real power

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
dynos are for tuning

my john deere has 22hp, but will do a wheelie, the truck has 500 and want:D

and want what? "want"s to do a wheelie:D

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
dynos are for tuning

my john deere has 22hp, but will do a wheelie, the truck has 500 and want:D

It will if you take it off the rear jack stands :aetsch:

Eric_Pllcc said:
Did a baseline dyno on a Mustang Dynamometer at 92 degrees outside, 4th gear pull, K&N drop in filter and a welded on flowmaster axle-back exhaust (bought the truck used, don't know what else was done), and no tune. Made 383 HP and 391 TQ. When the guy was putting the load for the vehicle, he thought the load was too low for the truck (2.2) and switched it to a Ram 1500 V8 (believe it was 17). I'm a little disappointed in the numbers. The guy also said I'm a little rich.
How many miles and what year? Something isnt right. There right about dynos for tuning. But those seem kinda of low, especially torque. Need to check and see if all cyls are firing. then go from there.

actually your right on for a stock truck and no tune ,,,a mustang always will show a 10% lower number ,,,i did it three times on a mustang dyno and it always was about a 10 % diff ,SO if you add 10% to your numbers it puts you in the 421 or so range ,,,if it is an R/C ,,,get a tune ,,,better muffler ,and drop them cats you will be around 460

give me a holler man i'm out in academy we can line them up for a run:D also sunshine tops across from the killeen high school has a dynojet dyno if you want to try a different one

DevilDawg3097 said:
How many miles and what year? Something isnt right. There right about dynos for tuning. But those seem kinda of low, especially torque. Need to check and see if all cyls are firing. then go from there.

It's a 2006 R/C with a little over 38,000 miles. What's the best way to see if all cylinders are firing?

Last edited:
Eric_Pllcc said:
It's a 2006 R/C with a little over 38,000 miles. What's the best way to see if all cylinders are firing?
I would just pull the plugs and check them first. If your the 2nd owner. To check for spark get a 5$ spark plug tester at harbor freight or anyparts store. Start with the basics and try another dyno also.

Eric_Pllcc said:

i think your power is just fine for a Mustang Dyno...they are typically at LEAST 10% lower in #'s than other dynos. do your mods and stick with the mustang. Since they are load bearing...i think they are much better for tuning. if youstill wanna show off some big numbers...wait til all your tuning is done on the Mustang Dyno and then find a dynojet...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back