Bassani heat wrap help

fursale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I am going to have to wrap my ceramic coated headers since they have melted the steering shaft coupler boot (see pic)I have the steering shaft slide boot covered with heat tape already but it is not enough.
What is the best type of tape to use.Also the best ties.
Thanks

Attachments

• 000_0003.JPG
    000_0003.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 170
i seen before a type of exhaust wrap sleeve that slides over the steering column on another truck just dnt know what brand or where to buy it.....they sell exhaust wrap ties also you will notice a great difference in heat reduction in your engine bay by wrapping headers all the way to collectors

you shouldn't wrap coated headers...

get a heat shield like the one when you get the mopar headers...

Why is that the wrong thing to do with coated headers.:dontknow:
Would rather go with heat shield than wrapping for sure.Will call dealer to see if shield might be available separately.
Thanks

i believe this to be true off the top of my head...

coating headers defeats the purpose of the coating... the coating itself is designed to keep heat out (of the engine bay), and promote quick cooldown...

if you wrap a coated header, you'll actually "seal" the heat in, and that will cause the coating to separate from the material...

as an example, wrapping stainless (since it tends to heat quickly and retain heat longer) is a good idea...

the aluminized tubing, for example tends to dissipate heat quickly, and when combined with a coating that promotes cooler temps, wrapping is unnecessary anyways...

i can grab my headers after about 15 minutes... full palm...

Yea,mine also.But something melted the dust cover on the intermediate shaft where it couples to the steering box completely off.Found the blob laying on the frame.Also the driver side rack and pinion shaft boot is gone,but maybe that was age related.Have the boot on the steering shaft wrapped with header tape.Beats me.
Passenger side fender is 1 1/2 inch from headers.No prob there.
Think I need a beer.:hmmmm2:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back