Bassani short headers

madmanadam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got Bassani short headers and reading the instructions, i know, it states to use the stock ones and the ones supplied for installation. okay all good.
but when removing the manifolds a million little pieces of metal drops out, all right, only 15 per side and one long gasket. What is up with this?
it looks like each exhaust port get 3 small single gaskets and 1 long one for all ports.
Do I really need all these? :dontknow:

Any help would be wonderful
Thanks
Adam

Did not know that on the new ones, states to reuse. the ones that comes with are real thick.
Thanks

They state to use both stock one and theirs, so guessing new stock ones and theirs.
cool. one more thing, all good. the wife got a new knee yesterday so i figured what the heck. lol

yessir, oem works best, the fiber gaskets will last a little while, but if you dont want to replace the gaskets in 6 months or so , I would get a new set of oem gaskets , they are a lil money, but you wont have problems with them, I usually suggest installing the stainless arp bolts also, but thats personal preference, the ones they usually send with are jsut regular bolts, and overtime will rust pretty quickly

Thank you for the information,
If you don't mind, are the oem stainless gaskets?

Thanks again

I used just the OEM gaskets and never had a problem in over 3 years.....I would just use the OEM only......Roe also sells the OEM gaskets..

Check with Avondale Dodge....they should be about $28 a side.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back