Bassani's Coming

Muzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My headers are in route to my house right now. If UPS had live GPS on their trucks, I'd be chasing his truck around town right now. The suspense it killing me. Install pics to come...

-Muzzy

Muzzy said:
My headers are in route to my house right now. If UPS had live GPS on their trucks, I'd be chasing his truck around town right now. The suspense it killing me. Install pics to come...

-Muzzy

congrats bro!!!:rock: :rock:

Killer choice:D

boomer says they can be installed in less than a hour, let us know how quick you can get em in.

They just showed up. I tend to be meticulous when putting stuff together, so I am sure it will 2-3 hours for me.

The fasteners that come with the headers are crap. I am surprised for the amount of money you pay for the headers. You think they would at least come with ARP, not a grade 5 hardware store bolt. I have a set of Stage 8 that I will be installing mine with.

-Muzzy

SRT10_Bass_01.jpg

Now I'll go put them on...:D

Muzzy i have to ask , just cant stand it anymore:D

Your sig name...anything to do with Bikes?

sorry long time Scott Russell fan:D

Congrats on the headers :D

Takes more than an hour....

The collector bolts that came with my Bassani's didnt have enough thread on them...so had to makea trip to Ace to pick up new hardware.

Otherwise wasnt too bad except for tightening a few bolts. Its easier to reach up from underneath the engine and tighten the back bolts on the passenger side.

Stinker said:
Muzzy i have to ask , just cant stand it anymore:D

Your sig name...anything to do with Bikes?

sorry long time Scott Russell fan:D

Nope...It just has been my nickname since I was a kid.

The collector bolts that came with my Bassani's didnt have enough thread on them...so had to makea trip to Ace to pick up new hardware.

Otherwise wasnt too bad except for tightening a few bolts. Its easier to reach up from underneath the engine and tighten the back bolts on the passenger side.

I replaced the stock collector bolts a while back when I installed the catless mids. I have hardened stainless. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Ok, back to wrenching

Muzzy said:
Nope...It just has been my nickname since I was a kid.

I replaced the stock collector bolts a while back when I installed the catless mids. I have hardened stainless. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Ok, back to wrenching

LOL cool beans bro, Have fun! get us some pics after the install:rock:

Cool, let me know how it goes. got mine yesterday, just waiting for the cat-back B4 I install!!!

Directions say to reuse the stock gaskets. They are MLS, which are a good design. However, mine fell apart as soon as I took off the manifold (the spot welds did not hold). I already called the dealer and I am too impatient to wait for new ones to be ordered. I have copper seal I use on the stock unit to stick it together long enough to torque it down, or I can use the new ones that came with the headers. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
-Muzzy

wait on the new ones, i wouldnt re use the old ones, they will probably leak

Muzzy said:
Directions say to reuse the stock gaskets. They are MLS, which are a good design. However, mine fell apart as soon as I took off the manifold (the spot welds did not hold). I already called the dealer and I am too impatient to wait for new ones to be ordered. I have copper seal I use on the stock unit to stick it together long enough to torque it down, or I can use the new ones that came with the headers. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
-Muzzy

I almost agree with eddie on this one, but..........

On our QC I used the supplied paper units , but, I took copper coat and apllied it to both sides of the gasket and let it dry a min or two.
They have been on there for about 8000 miles and no problems so far;)

but yeah the stockers do work best, jsut giving you an option if impatience sets in:D

I decided to reuse the stock gaskets since they were in good shape. I just coated with copper seal and stuck together the pieces that came apart. They are only spot welded together anyway.

One side done...one to go...

-Muzzy

SRT10_Bass_02.jpg

Muzzy said:
I decided to reuse the stock gaskets since they were in good shape. I just coated with copper seal and stuck together the pieces that came apart. They are only spot welded together anyway.

One side done...one to go...

-Muzzy

SRT10_Bass_02.jpg

SWEEEETT!

The headers are on!!! The recycled stock gaskets are holding. It isn't rolling yet, but I started it up without the fender liners and wheels on so I could check for leaks. So far so good.

A few observations:
-You almost have to have the Stage 8 bolts. The bolt heads are smaller, so it is easier to get a wrench on them vs. the bolt that come with the headers.
-An 11mm swivel socket is my friend :)
-The collector bolts I had been using were actually too long. I had to get shorter ones.
-Stick header gaskets to header not head when putting them on. The copper sealer is tacky enough to allow the gasket to adhere to the header. Much easier than sticking it to the head.
-Lay towel over frame and control arms to protect the header finish while installing them.

Here are some pics:
SRT10_Bass_03.jpg

SRT10_Bass_04.jpg

I was getting tired, so the rest will be finished tomorrow.
-Muzzy

Muzzy said:
The headers are on!!! The recycled stock gaskets are holding. It isn't rolling yet, but I started it up without the fender liners and wheels on so I could check for leaks. So far so good.

A few observations:
-You almost have to have the Stage 8 bolts. The bolt heads are smaller, so it is easier to get a wrench on them vs. the bolt that come with the headers.
-An 11mm swivel socket is my friend :)
-The collector bolts I had been using were actually too long. I had to get shorter ones.
-Stick header gaskets to header not head when putting them on. The copper sealer is tacky enough to allow the gasket to adhere to the header. Much easier than sticking it to the head.
-Lay towel over frame and control arms to protect the header finish while installing them.

Here are some pics:
SRT10_Bass_03.jpg

SRT10_Bass_04.jpg

I was getting tired, so the rest will be finished tomorrow.
-Muzzy

Killer bro! nice install:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back