Battery draining issue

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they have had an issue with something draining the battery on these trucks? Mine sits for about three days and battery will be dead. Any help will be greatly appreciated

I had a cell go bad in my mopar battery. Truck ran like shit and would need a jump after a few days. Get a battery charger/tester and give it a go. If it's not the battery then not sure.

An easy test for a draw is to hook a multi meter up to the battery to measure amperage. Remove fuses until the draw goes away to pinpoint which circuit the draw is on. That will get you in the ballpark and go from there with tracing wiring and checking for corrosion on connectors.

ok so I went and got a multi meter with a ten amp max and hooked it up and it shows nothing zero sip even when I have hood light on. Driving me friggin nuts.

ok so I went and got a multi meter with a ten amp max and hooked it up and it shows nothing zero sip even when I have hood light on. Driving me friggin nuts.

It should show some draw, especially with the hood lamp on. How did you hook the multimeter to the vehicle?

I first pulled the negative battery cable then I set my meter to ten amp dc. hooked one end up to battery and one to cable. then adjusted the amp setting down but never got anything. I know I am probably doing something wrong but unusually I am pretty good with electrical stuff.

Not trying to be a smartass but how old is your battery and have had it checked? Even a newer battery can be defective.

Mine's been doing the same. Its the original so time for a new one I guess. What's a good battery for sitting around during the winter since I've got the Jeep GC now? I was reading Optima was not a good option.

Mine's been doing the same. Its the original so time for a new one I guess. What's a good battery for sitting around during the winter since I've got the Jeep GC now? I was reading Optima was not a good option.

Best would be a lithium ion. Next would be a Walmart battery. They're always open and easy to find one. They work just as good as the name brands I've found. :D

:rock::rock::rock:Best would be a lithium ion.:rock::rock::rock::rock: Next would be a Walmart battery. They're always open and easy to find one. They work just as good as the name brands I've found. :D

ain't them sexy:rock:

So far good luck with my Optima red top I got last year......

this is the best battery charger ya can get, IMVHO of course:rock::rock::rock:

Attachments

• CTEK_MUS4_3.jpg
    CTEK_MUS4_3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 34
Best would be a lithium ion. Next would be a Walmart battery. They're always open and easy to find one. They work just as good as the name brands I've found. :D

Awesome thanks. Good thing I work for a company that sells all this truck stuff so I can get it cheap! haha Shoot maybe I shouldn't have said that. Now my PM box will be full of requests :ahhhhh:

I have an Optima redtop (what, did you really expect me to put a yellow top under my red hood?!) that stays on a CTEK charger when the truck is parked. Never had an issue, both are quality parts.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back